X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Alfa
    • Apr 2003

RSX1055 & RMB985MKII

Would the addition of this power amp been an improvement on the RSX1055. And if so driving which speakers,bi-amping or other suggestions.

Must Kill All Humans
    Must Kill All Humans
  • Danbry39
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Sep 2002

Hi Alfa,

Generally, I'd answer yes. I'm not familiar with that amp though. Does it run five channels at 100 watts/channel. Other important information would be how large your room is, how loud you like to listen to things, and how efficient your speakers are.

But, back to the "generally" and even then you'll get a lot of disagreement here, so this is "in my opinion."

When I added a Parasound power amp to my Onkyo 696 receiver, I was overwhelmed by the positive sonic changes it made to my system, and this with highly efficient Klipsch speakers. Granted the Onkyo doesn''t have the amount of clean power as the Rotel (even though it is rated higher in this regard), but things like the command of the lower frequencies, the spacing of instruments within the sound stage, the effortlessness of the sonics, and the dynamics all improved quite a bit. A lot of testimonials I've read echo my sentiments in this regard.

I think the front R/L channels of the 1055 are assignable to the rear center channels, but, as I don't own this receiver, perhaps one who does would chime in here.

Keith
    Keith

Comment

• sdecker
      • Jun 2002

I own the 1055 with a 985mkII and love the combo. But I must admit the amps in the 1055 are real good, unless you listen at reference levels the amps in the 1055 will do a great job. I cant hear a difference between the 985mkII and the 1055's amps at normal volumes.

The 1055 does offer the option of reassigning the R/L amps to power the rear centers. I did this until I got my 1070 amp to power my mains.

I'm pretty sure the 985mkII is rated at 110watts/ch.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"