some letters darker than others on receiver?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sammy
    • Jul 2003

some letters darker than others on receiver?

Quick question (Rotel 1065 Receiver):

I pressed mute and the letter "e" on "mute" was about 10 shades darker than the other letters. I decided to check everything and started changing modes to Video 1, Video 2, CD, etc. and noticed that any letters (digital dots) that have not been displayed recently are extremely dark. However, when I leave it there for about 3 minutes, it brightens up to normal and matches the other letters.

Has anyone ever seen this happen and how do I fix it?

Thanks!
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Has anyone ever seen this happen and how do I fix it?
    never seen that before on any of my gear but it sounds like the power supply to the display isn't functioning as well as it should be...just a guess though. If its still under warrenty (which I think it would have to be as the 1065 isnt' 5 years old) you might want to think about having it looked at...esp if it starts to get worse before the 5 year warrenty period is up.

Comment

• fhidayat
      • Oct 2002

Sammy,
      it is the case with my 1065...it doesn't affect anything, so it might be the characteristics of the led. If you decide to call Equity, let me know what they say. Thanks,

:banana:
      :banana:

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"