X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Whoracle
    • Sep 2005

A problem with Rotel RB 1070

Hi there, my first post starts of with a problem for me, but I'm sure someone here can solve It
    I was about to watch a movie the other day and suddenly I chould here a kind of "cracking" noise or something from my right Klipsch RF 35 (just in the tweeter ), Its like that sound you get when a wire is loose in your speaker, I checket my speaker and no loose wires there..
    Im using Rotel RSX 1056, and my Rotel RB 1070 Is hocked up to my Front Speakers, I tried to switch around cables and speakers, and I can conclude that the problem Is my Right output on the RB 1070, a "poff" can be heard when I turn the unit on now, and also a couple of seconds after I turn It off, that was not the case before! what have happend? and what can I do? plz help
  • Whoracle
    • Sep 2005

Im must also say that I Didnt find any loose wires in my RB 1070, but then I'm no expert either..

Comment

• Kevin D
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Oct 2002

Chances are you have one of the first batches of 1056's that did have a problem. I've never heard the problem, but everyone describes it as 'crackling', so it's a good guess. It's usually on one or two speakers only.

When you say you swapped cables around, which ones? If you swapped the RCA's into the 1070 and the problem stayed on the right, then it may be the 1070. If you only swapped speaker leads and the problem moved to the left, that just tells us the speakers and speaker wires are good, we need to swap the RCA's.

Kevin D.

Comment

• thyname
        • Jan 2005

By any chance, were you playing some "In Flames" while that happened, in particular from the album "Whoracle"?

Just kidding...sorry... I could not help it... my favorite album from In Flames though. Good luck with fixing your problem.

Comment

• Whoracle
          • Sep 2005

lol no I was not playng my favorite album of the in flames, I have tried to switch speakercables as well as thr rca cables, and the cracking noise always comes from right output of my RB-1070, and it doesnt matter witch pre out on the RSX 1056 I'm using, the noise is still there :cry: And the "poff" that comes from the RB-1070 is also disturbing..no one got any ideas here?

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"