X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • benny
    • Jan 2005

RC-1070 problem with LED

Hello all. I find myself posting once again due a problem with my RC1070 preamp. I am more than familiar with static shock, etc. that can occur with components. However, this problem is a bit unique. My 1070 Cd, pre, and amp are always left on. I get home from work one day and the whole system is down (I'm using the 12v triggers). I press the power buttons, unlug components, let them sit, etc. Fortunately, the system did power back up and all sounds to be back to normal. The thing that is bothering me, though, is that the blue LED inside the large volume knob is burned out. All the other ones light brightly. I've repeated these steps- everthing works but no LED. Has anyone experienced this? Does anyone know the approximate cost to have this light replaced by Rotel or an authorized dealer? My equiptment is right around 3 years old amd I'm not ceratin if it's still under WR. Thanks in advance for the replies!
  • Kevin P
    • Aug 2000

I don't believe any Rotel components have lighted volume knobs. In pictures, sometimes they look lighted due to reflected ambient light, but they aren't self illuminated. This is true for the HT receivers and pre-pros at least. I would think their stereo pre (RC-1070) is the same way.

Comment

• soundhound
      • Mar 2004

I think the 1070 has a small rectangular one in the face of volume knob Kevin. They have a 5 yr warranty benny. If your'e dealer can round one up it shouldn't take long to replace it so you shouldn't have to be without to long.

Comment

• miner
        • Mar 2005

Yes, the RC-1070 does have a LED on the volume knob. It will be fixed under warranty.

Comment

• benny
          • Jan 2005

Thanks to all for the replies. I'll check with my dealer to see what can be done. If anyone has had a similar problem: Was your unit fixed at the dealer or was it shipped to Rotel for repair?

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"