X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Opus007
    • Nov 2007

RC-1070 Problem

I deceided to run a analog out connection from directv hd box to the tuner input on the RC-1070 When I do this I get a buzz through all my speakers.It doesn't matter which input I use.I have switched out DTV box with the one in another room.Used different cables.Rewired my whole system and still the buzz.If I run the analog out from the dtv box to my HT receiver there is no buzz in the speakers.It is only when I go direct from DTV box to the RC-1070.I have my system configuered as follows.Receiver front pre's to the auxiliary input on the RC-1070.Out puts on RC1070 to front inputs on RMB 1075 fronts.All other pre's on receiver going directly to RMB-1075 ,L,C,R.I have a cd player connected to the cd input on the RC-1070 and no buzz there.It is only when I hook the analog out to the RC-1070 from my directv boxes.Any ideas.....My house is a mess and am pulling my hair out.I have tried different outlets and still the same.Thanks.
  • hifiguymi
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2007

Is the DirecTV coax runs from the dish attached to an earth ground? If so, try removing it and see if that has an affect. You could also try to run a small wire from the preamp's ground screw to one of the screws that hold the top on the DirecTV box. Do you have a surge protector on the system that tells you if you have a good electrical ground? If so, is everything plugged into it? Things like this are a real pain to track down and get rid of. Best of luck and let us know what you find.

Eric

Comment

• Opus007
      • Nov 2007

Yes everything is grounded and plugged into a apc surge/power conditioner .After further troubleshooting if I plug the analog outs on the dtv box to the rotel stereo pre and have the receiver off there is no buzz on the speakers.But when I turn on the receiver and have the pre and amp on the buzz is in all speakers.It just does not make sense as .Since I feed the fronts only with the receiver to pre to amp and the L,C,R, are all direct from the receivers pre/outs to the amp.When I have all 3 on and unplug the analog input to the the pre from the dtv box the buzz goes away.Some how it has to do with the pre/outs on the receiver , because if I remove the speakers from the pre/outs and go direct from the receivers speaker outs and thus bypass the amp and receiver pre's there is no buzz.Very confusing.

Comment

• Kevin D
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Oct 2002

Even though it's going through an APC unit, you need to un plug the sat coax feed and see if the hum goes away.

Kevin D.

Comment

• Opus007
          • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Kevin D
          Even though it's going through an APC unit, you need to un plug the sat coax feed and see if the hum goes away.

Kevin D.
          Yes I unplugged the sat coax feed and the problem goes away but alas then I have no video or audio.If I recall right the directv satellite is powered by a 18 volts run from the receiver.I unhooked the ground and was still the same.I checked all the fittings as dtv was out here 2 days ago to realign the dish and they appear ok and did not notice the buzz till after they realigned the dish.
          Called my stereo store and we tried a few things that did not work either,so one of the main guys I deal with said it is a ground loop and could be internally in the dtv box and said if I wanted to quit messing around to install a in line noise suppressor made for car audio to get rid of ground loops.So I picked one up for 14 bucks and being spectacle I installed it and the ground loop is now gone.I am going up on the roof in a little while to check all the connections again as would prefer to fix the problem instead of putting a band aid on it.

Comment

• Kevin D
            Ultra Senior Member
            • Oct 2002

Make sure the dish/coax is grounded to the power ground where it enters the house.

Kevin D.

Comment

• Opus007
              • Nov 2007

Could not find any problems with connectors on the dish.The dish is grounded to a water line .That is how they grounded it.Should I run a different ground to the power ground?

Comment

• Opus007
                • Nov 2007

Ok, I went and re-ran the ground to the house ground at the power box.Still have the buzz.So I ran the incoming coax to my apc surge/power conditioner and then out to the dtv box.Still made no difference.I have covered about all the bases and have run out of ways to fix it except the in line ground loop eliminator I have re-installed.My Rotel dealer thinks its a problem that is internal in either the dtv box or the receiver and not the Rotel.I am honestly stumped.

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"