X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • spiffnme
    • Apr 2003

Yet another BM question

On the RSP-1068, can you set individual crossovers for each channel when using the multi-channel inputs for SACD and DVD-A? Or are you dependent on the player's BM when it comes to analog multi-channel?

www.funnyfarmcomics.net
    All Daredevil, All the Time!
  • nyckid
    • Feb 2004

you cannot set the crossover for the analog input with the 1068. the only type of calibration you can make is adjust the subwoofer level.

Comment

• aud19
      Twin Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2003

Still dependent on the player other than if you utilize the 100Hz "bass doubling" option. We'd need digital connections other wise or analog bass management which is not a popular option.

Jason

Need a new display? Questions about new display technologies? Visit RPTVs, plasmas, and other monitors @ HTguide
      Jason

Comment

• spiffnme
        • Apr 2003

So even with the 1068 you're pretty much out of luck when it comes to BM for SACD and/or DVD-A? Most players have pretty crap BM as well.

For instance, if I had the 1068 paired with the Pioneer 563a, when listening to a DVD-A, the crossover would be 200hz, and there's nothing I can do about it?

www.funnyfarmcomics.net

Comment

• spiffnme
          • Apr 2003

...and if that's the case, I do kind of understand their thinking. If I've just dropped $1700 on the 1068 and another $1000 or so on a 5 channel amp, it's not likely I'm using a $149 universal player without BM.

But...it that is indeed their thinking, how is the BM on their own RDV-1060? I hope it's pretty darn robust. I checked the Rotel site, and it made no mention of BM.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not ripping on Rotel. I absolutely love my 1066 and RB-1075, but I just don't understand what they're thinking when it comes to BM and players.

www.funnyfarmcomics.net

Comment

• eelco74
            • Dec 2002

you can still control the crossover on your subwoofer can't you ?

Still I think that the Rotel solution is best. My 3801 still has tonecontrols and other stuff on the 5.1 input. That is why it sounds pretty bad compared to the 1066. So I like Rotels approach to have a direct as possible 5.1 input.

I have all large speakers, so BM does not really matter to me on 5.1 input. I own a dvd-2900 so I know all about crappy BM on SACD in players :?

Marantz AV8802, Marantz UD8002, Rotel RB-991 and RB985mkii, Rotel RD960
            Focal/Jmlab Electra 1028S, Electra CC, Electra SW1000S, Cobalt 705
            Pioneer KRL-37V, Epson EH-TW8100, Kinkping CES-180 77"inch

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"