X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rolyasm
    • Dec 2004

No sound from Analog Multichannel?

I recently purchased an SACD/AudioDVD player, the Pioneer Elite 47Ai. I know some folks aren't very found of it, but it was such a great deal I couldn't resist. Anyway, I bought an AudioDVD and I am not getting any sound from my channels. I am using a Denon 3801. I have the DVD connected to the Denon like this: I have the Analog 5.1 connected and I have the 2 RCA Stereo Connections. Dolby works great with movies, but I think the signal must be transmitting through the 2RCA's, because when I disconnect them, I get nothing. So it doesn't seem like my 5.1 connection is working. Any suggestions? If I had an I-link compatable receiver, it would be easier than the 6 connections, but I don't. :cry: Thanks for the help.
    Roly
  • gd
    • Jan 2003

Most likely you need to go through the initial setup of the player to establish a preference for multi-channel output... at least that's how it works on my low-end Pioneer uni.

Then, of course, make sure to select multi-channel IN (or however Denon designates) on your receiver.
    greg (gd to you)
    Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring
    production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid.

Frank Zappa

Comment

• Rolyasm
      • Dec 2004

Ya, tried that. When I use Ext. In, it works, but only stereo. With Auto. select, Mulitchannel, Dolby, nothing comes out of any of the speakers.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"