X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wmessin
    • Oct 2003

Question on analog multichannel inputs

Please bear with me as this is my first real post here. I just joined.

I've had a Sony receiver for a year or so and I'm now looking to get into the separates. Due to some budget constraints I'll have to first get an amplifier and use my receiver as the processor and then sometime later get a dedicated processor and dump the receiver.

The nice thing about my receiver is that it gives me two sets of multchannel analog inputs which I need since I have a dedicated SACD player and a dedicated DVD-audio player. I am really interested in getting some Rotel equipment but I haven't been able to find anything to give me this same capability.

Does anyone know of a Rotel processor that will allow for two complete sets of multichannel analog inputs, and if not does anyone know of the possibility of this in the future? And if still not, what are my options outside of dumping the dedicated players for a universal player?

Thanks for any and all info.

Toshiba 51HX83 HDTV
    Def Tech 2004TL Mains
    Def Tech C/L/R-2500 Center
    Def Tech BP1.2x
    Sony STR-DA2ES 6.1 Receiver
    Pioneer DV-656A DVD/DVD-audio player (US version)
    Sony SCD-222ES SACD 5-disc changer
    Motorola 5100 HD Decoder box via Comcast Cable
    Toshiba 51HX83 HDTV
    Def Tech 2004TL Mains
    Def Tech C/L/R-2500 Center
    Def Tech BP1.2x
    Sony STR-DA2ES 6.1 Receiver
    Pioneer DV-656A DVD/DVD-audio player (US version)
    Sony SCD-222ES SACD 5-disc changer
    Motorola 5100 HD Decoder box via Comcast Cable
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

No rotel product has two multichannel inputs so I'm afraid you're going to have to look at a switch for the two 5.1 sources if you need to have both connected at once and want to stick with Rotel.

Comment

• gd
      • Jan 2003

And here's an option for abovementioned switching... costs vary:

UK Based manufacturer of HDBaseT video distribution systems, HDMI over HDBaseT extenders, CEC control solutions, including our exclusive USB-CEC Adapter

There was a $150-200 switcher made by someone named Shawn Fogg floating around the Web some time ago, but I can't find it now... and other users insist that simple Radio Shack manual switcher-routers work fine for under $40-50.

Few receivers or pre-pros have dual multichannel-in.

Don't know about the Pioneer, but it would be a shame to lose that Sony 222ES... however, the latest generation of universal players seem to be mostly excellent performers by now.
      greg (gd to you)
      Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring
      production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid.

Frank Zappa

Comment

• Howie
        • Feb 2003

Pick up a Denon DVD 2900 - then you'll only need one set of multichannel inputs.

Howie
        Howie

Comment

Working...
        😀
        😂
        🥰
        😘
        🤢
        😎
        😞
        😡
        👍
        👎
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"