X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RickF
    • Apr 2005

RB-1095 and 4 ohm speakers...

Will a RB-1095 amp have any problem driving 4 ohm rear surround speakers in a 7.1 system? I'll use my current RB-1080 for the 4 ohm two front mains and the 1095 for the sides, center and rear surrounds.

The reason that I'm asking is that the Axiom folks informed me that I should use the M60 8 ohm speakers for the rear surrounds because of the Rotel amps not being stable at 4 ohms in the effects channels.

"The Rotel pieces are excellent however are not stable to
    4 ohms within the efects channels."
  • gianni
    • Nov 2002

Originally posted by RickF

"The Rotel pieces are excellent however are not stable to
    4 ohms within the efects channels."
    I think you should disregard this advice. Even Rotel's receivers can handle 4 ohm loads. In my mind, nothing could be further from the truth.

Comment

• RickF
      • Apr 2005

Originally posted by gianni
      I think you should disregard this advice. Even Rotel's receivers can handle 4 ohm loads. In my mind, nothing could be further from the truth.

Thought so.
      I would also think that if one wanted to run 5 4 ohm speakers with the 1095 there shouldn't be any problem. I'm just trying to figure out why they would have told me that. Oh well.

Comment

• Legairre
        • Jan 2002

Man talk about a false statement from Axiom. The 1095 can drive loads that will cause lesser amps to shut down and go into protection mode. The 1095 can even handle loads that dip down to 2ohms, it is very capable of handling 4ohm loads and yes even on the surround channels.

I've had my 1095 since November of 2001 and it is the ONLY peice on gear in my system that hasn't been replaced since 2001 and it's the only peice that will NEVER be replaced untill it dies from old age. The 1095 is that good ;x( . I run a 7.2 system and have had friends over for movies and even at insane level the 1095 is just warm and not even breaking a sweat.

Back when I was amp shopping I read the following review that has test result of the 1095 driving loads as low as 2 ohms.

Check it out its the last review on the page from "Audio Magazine". Make sure you read the .PDF version not the .TXT version because the .PDF version has the test results on the last two pages. http://www.rotel.com/reviews/reviews_amps.html
        "What do you mean it's too loud? My ears aren't even bleeding yet!"
        Radden Home Theater

Comment

• thyname
          • Jan 2005

Cheers Rick (BrotherBob??)! I have heard the same: Rotel power amp can handle a 4 Ohms load with ease. Good luck with your system!!!

Comment

• RickF
            • Apr 2005

Thanks Legairre, man I'm really loving your review on the 1095...I'm thinking this unit will be the perfect amp to with the system, I've read your review on the twin HSUs over on the Axiom site, sounds (and looks) like an awesome system!

Skerdi, you are right. The 1080 is driving these 4 ohm M80s flawlessly and I've never once had a heat problem. I really love the thing!

And oh btw....yes it would be the BrotherBob!

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"