X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rattmann316
    • Aug 2005

Low volume L/R difference on my RC-1070

I noticed the other day that when I have my stereo setup at a very low volume...the left channel is considerably louder than the right. It only happens at a volume level so low you can barely hear it unless you get right up on the speakers so im not too concerned; just curious if there is a problem. As soon as I increase the volume or decrease it from this point, the left channel bias goes away. My equipment is listed in my signature.
    RB-1070
    RC-1070
    RCD-1072
    B&W-DM602 s3
  • thyname
    • Jan 2005

Where in Northern Virginia do you live? You have same Rotel gear as me, excluding RB-1070, which I upgraded to RB-1080. Do you like your B&W speakers?

Comment

• eelco74
      • Dec 2002

My rc-972 used to do that as well, but only an almost inadible level. Crank up the volume and it is gone.
      Marantz AV8802, Marantz UD8002, Rotel RB-991 and RB985mkii, Rotel RD960
      Focal/Jmlab Electra 1028S, Electra CC, Electra SW1000S, Cobalt 705
      Pioneer KRL-37V, Epson EH-TW8100, Kinkping CES-180 77"inch

Comment

• Taito
        • Sep 2004

Same problem, opposite side over here. I also have the RC-1070. I wouldn't worry about it.

-Ben

Comment

• audiofan
          • May 2004

i don't have problem like this with my rc-1070 , but rarely listen to music at very low level volume.

Comment

• rattmann316
            • Aug 2005

Originally posted by thyname
            Where in Northern Virginia do you live? You have same Rotel gear as me, excluding RB-1070, which I upgraded to RB-1080. Do you like your B&W speakers?
            thyname,
            everythings stationed in mclean. love my speakers of course. i listened to a ton of speakers before settling on the b&ws...they have a warmth to them that i didnt really get in any other set of speakers that were in my price range.

thank you all for your replies...i feel much better. :T
            RB-1070
            RC-1070
            RCD-1072
            B&W-DM602 s3

Comment

• benny
              • Jan 2005

sounds like the volume pot needs to be cleaned/replaced. i've had this problem in some Audiocontrol car equiptment and it drove me nuts. i'd get it fixed unless it truly isn't a problem for you. good luck....

Comment

• lvhung
                • Jun 2005

Great Rotel electronincs,
                If I were you I would buy the BW 704

Comment

• Joey_V
                  • Jul 2005

It could be an inherent limitation of the volume pot being a regular attenuator. A stepped-attenuator, on the other hand, would have perfect and precise left/right channel balancing.

Right now, I'm debating whether I should send my preamp in to be modded with stepped attenuators.

Joey
                  Analog: VPI Scoutmaster w/ Steel Delrin clamp + Dynavector 20XH cart
                  Digital: SB3 + PS Audio Digital Link III DAC
                  System: Cary Audio SLP-98P Tube Preamplifier w/ Sylvanias -> Plinius SA102 Class A amplifier -> Martin Logan SUMMITS/Strata Minis -> 8O (me)

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"