X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lex
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Apr 2001

But one story of the Virginia Tech masacre, Reema Samaha

I know many of you have kept up with the events of the Tragedy of Virginia Tech this week. I too have watched, and tried to learn more, to make some sense of this senseless tragedy. The bottom line is, there is no sense to be made, it's just chaos, heartache, horrific bloodshed, hurt and destroyed families, a college campus of 26,000 left askew.

I struggled with where to put this story. I chose TV because CNN is a video media, and odds are, this interview with Wolf has aired on CNN. If you are interested in sharing Reema's story, her positive energy, maybe you will want to get a small glimpse into her life.

A tough view, but an overall well handled interview even if a bit proding at times perhaps. I watched a CNN video clip with Wolf Blitzer interviewing one of the murdered student's fathers. She was a young lebanese student, very pretty, a dancer, loved language, the world. She was Reema Samaha. I watched as her dad internalized his emotions, I can't say I could do the same. Just so sad, just one of the 30+ tragic stories.

I could see the joy in the Father, as he described being on campus with her last weekend for dance recitals, and international events. At least they had that time with her before this horrific event at Virginia Tech. Of course, joy quickly turns to sadness, not being able to be there with her this weekend.

RIP Reema Samaha The world will miss your presense now and in the future just as it will miss many many others.
    Doug
    "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer
  • Gremal
    • Apr 2007

Thanks Lex, and sorry I didn't see this last month. It is very important to remember the stories of those who died, for those are the only stories worth remembering. For me, the most important story was the Romanian holocaust survivor who died protecting his students by using his body to barricade the doorway to his classroom. At age 76 he was teaching far beyond the age when most retire. A world-renowned aeronautics engineer, this man lived through the darkest days of the past century only to die as a hero. Let us not forget Liviu Librescu anytime soon.
    Integrated 7.1 HT and Two-Channel System
    Pioneer KRP-600M | VAC Phi Beta 110i | to be determined front end
    B&W 802D | B&W HTM1D | B&W ASW-825 | B&W N805 | B&W SCM1
    VPI Scout | Oppo BDP-95 | Tivo Series 3 | Integra DTC-9.8
    Audio Refinement Multi-5 | PS Audio Premier | Goertz and Electra Glide cables

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"