X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tboooe
    • Jun 2005

Warranty claims without receipt

Hi, I bought some rotel gear without the receipt. According to the website, I need to have the receipt to make any warranty claims. Has anyone have experience making claims without the original receipt? Is Rotel very strict on this policy?
  • miner
    • Mar 2005

Your 'dealer' will have record of your purchase. You will need some form of proof of buying from authorized dealer.

Comment

• GosonFletchy
      • May 2004

They are becoming very strict on this policy. You need to get a copy of the receipt or have your dealer fax a copy to you.

G.

:grab:

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

Email Rotel and ask nicely. They are typically very good at standing behind their gear if you ask nicely though technically they don't have to.

Comment

• miner
          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by tboooe
          Hi, I bought some rotel gear without the receipt. According to the website, I need to have the receipt to make any warranty claims. Has anyone have experience making claims without the original receipt? Is Rotel very strict on this policy?
          Which piece of equipment?

Comment

• tboooe
            • Jun 2005

I have an rb1080 and am a little concerned about all of the fuse blowing issues. I wanted to send in my 1080 to have the fix done to it as it looks like an older model because the included fuses are the 6.3A ones. Looking towards the future, I watned to purchase more used components as well.

Comment

• miner
              • Mar 2005

Maybe a fellow HTGuide member would scan their receipt for your use - of course, after you alter it.
              Last edited by miner; 15 July 2005, 07:54 Friday.

Comment

• Kevin D
                Ultra Senior Member
                • Oct 2002

Rotel technically only has the warranty for new customers, so a receipt without your name on it won't do you any good either. As Andrew said, Rotel is usually pretty good about standing behine their products though.

Like I said in your other thread, since the 1080 problem is rare, wait and see if you have any issues. It will be a lot easier to get a used 1080 fixed if it's broke rather than get a fix for a problem that most likely will never happen.

Kevin D.

Comment

• mitch57
                  • Nov 2004

How does Rotel know whether or not you received the amplifier as a gift or not? tboooe could send in a receipt and if questioned claim it was a gift from the person listed on the receipt.
                  Mitch
                  :stupidpc:

Comment

• tboooe
                    • Jun 2005

right, i dont think it matters if my name is on it...so does anyone want to send me copy of their 1080 receipt???

Comment

• GosonFletchy
                      • May 2004

You might want to keep in mind that Rotel service department does watch this forum and they do check serial numbers and date of purchase, etc.. If it was a gift to you and it was a legitimate purchase then you just need a copy of the receipt but if they are finding out that you are trying to scam them then they may be less likely to do you any favors.

G.

:grab:

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
                        Moderator Emeritus
                        • Aug 2000

Honesty is always your best policy.

Comment

• tboooe
                          • Jun 2005

Thanks guys. I am not trying to scam Rotel. The amp was given to me by my brother as gift a little while ago and I did not think to ask for the receipt and since I didn't my brother threw it away. But I started to get nervous because I wanted to begin using the 12V trigger and have read all of the fuse blowing issues when doing this.

I was also curious as to Rotel's stance on buying used equipment. Personally, I dont understand why the warranty is not transferrable. If they stand by there equipment for x years then why does it matter how many owners it has in those x years? Its like cars. I can only imagine that Rotel is trying to encourage people to buy new equipment but there will always be a segment of the popoulation that will not or cannot afford to spend the money on new Rotel gear. I look it as a way to reach another potential user group that eventually may buy new equipment but at the very least, a satisfied used Rotel owner may tell his/her friends about how happy they are with Rotel which could lead to more sales.

That being said, Rotel's non-transferrable warranty is a business strategy that has it merits. I dont agree and ultimately may go with another brand.

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
                            Moderator Emeritus
                            • Aug 2000

tbooe most manufacturers don't have transferable warranties in the audio world though like you I wish they did as I often buy used myself. Still Rotel's been very good at standing behind their products regardless of what the offical standpoint is and so long as you be upfront with them I doubt you'd have a problem...esp if its to deal with a known problem.

Comment

• tboooe
                              • Jun 2005

you know, i would not even mind paying a fee to transfer the warranty or even extend it. Does anyone know if Rotel offers this?

Comment

Working...
                              Searching...Please wait.
                              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                              There are no results that meet this criteria.
                              Search Result for "|||"