X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rolyasm
    • Dec 2004

X10.com fail to support

Not sure if this thread belongs here, or anywhere. In June I bought a 6 zone 4 source multi-zone amplifier from X10.com. They had the warranty listed as one year. The product is a Russound product. Well, I just got my house built and installed the system and it isn't working. I called X10 and they said it is a manufacturer problem. I called Russound and they said it is an X10 warranty issue. So neither of them will help. I can't even get Russound to give me technical assistance. I offered to pay them for it and they said no. Strange way to do business. Anyway, I guess I should have known better and checked with Russound first. ALWAYS check the manufacturer before you buy online. I am learning the hard way as I usually do. 8O
    Just a reminder of what we all know but sometimes may forget. Don't trust a web site that claims a warranty for another product, I guess even if the web site claims its own warranty.
    Discouraged,
    Roly
  • Paul H
    • Feb 2004

Sorry to hear that Roly.

If it's any consolation at all, I'm building a house in the spring, and will remember your post and the "level of service" they provide.

Paul

Comment

• georgev
      • Jul 2004

Surely, if the site offered a warranty, then they should honour that. If not take it to your local consumer council. If the site do have that warranty, then you should have legal recourse available.
      This makes it easier for me to stay clear of X10.

Comment

• Lex
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Apr 2001

Take them to court, they will then listen. I would have to say, it does sound like Russound is responsible, if there is a unit problem.

I don't understand this behavior either. X10.com, I didn't even know they were still around.

Doug
        Doug
        "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"