X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • theMaximus
    • Jul 2004

Problem with warranty and local dealer

I took my RB-1070 to my local dealer with my original receipt from another dealer in New York, where I bought my equipment before moving to where I am now. My current local Rotel dealer told me that they would only handle warranty works for equipment bought from them. They told me to ship it to my original dealer in New York myself and let them handle it instead. What the hell!!! If I buy a car in California and then move to Florida, would I have to tow the freaking car to California for service? This is ridiculous. What is the point of having a local dealer then? Are dealers even allowed to do something like this?

Anyway, I ventured to fix it on my own and opened up the amp to find a blown fuse on the right channel. I replaced the blown fuse with a new one that came with the amp, and I'm back in business. It saved me a lot of shipping costs and waiting time. I originally wanted the service center to inspect for other possilble damages, but the amp seems to be fine after replacing the fuse.
    Last edited by theMaximus; 10 September 2004, 03:56 Friday.
    Victory Shall Be Mine!!! :heh:
  • jimmyp58
    Super Senior Member
    • Aug 2003

I have heard of this unfortunately. I don't know if all dealers ascribe to this because most will see it as an opportunity to help a potential 'new' customer and take care of the issue. But some get a tad goofy with this because the warranty is between you and the original dealer (and the manufacturer). Don't shoot the messenger on this one, it's simply what I've heard.
    jpiscitello@ameritech.net

Comment

• Mr Purple
      • Sep 2004

The dealer should have offered the service to you, but he should have charged you for shipping. After all, he has to pay it! To just slam the door on you like that is pretty pathetic. Have you tried calling the shop you bought it from to see if they can contact Rotel about this? That's what I'd do, as you might eventually need service and you should know how it needs to be handled.

Just my two cents...

Comment

• ht_addict
        • Dec 2002

You should have contacted and still should contact Rotel for service. They should direct you to the nearest service center to have it checkout.

ht_addict

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"