X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RickF
    • Apr 2005

RB 1080 heat question..

Seems like my fairly new (6 weeks) RB 1080 amp gets hotter on the left channel than does the right. I'm placing my hand over the top of the unit and wether I'm playing high, low or anywhere in between levels the left channel is always warmer than the right side. Sometimes while playing lower levels the right side remains cool while the left is warm. Other than that, everything else is just fine.

Anything to be concerned about?
  • PewterTA
    • Nov 2004

Nope, if you are worried about heat though put a fan on it.

My left channel is warmer than the right as well...but nothing I've ever worried about.
    Digital Audio makes me Happy.
    -Dan

Comment

• BlazeMaster
      • May 2004

how are you able to power the fan PewterTA? I think I've seen one of your posts somewhere where you used computer like fans to cool down one of your Rotel amps.

Comment

• PewterTA
        • Nov 2004

Yep that's all I did...

I took a computer power supply, bought a relay switch at Radio Shack, hooked it up to the 12v trigger of my 1098 and it powers the fans on and off with turning the unit on or off. For some reason I can't get it to run off the 1095 (the out on it), but it works when I hook directly into the 1098. I haven't had time to figure that out. But I just use 80mm case fans to sit on top of the amps to draw air up through them. All I did then was put a few foam pads on the corners to minimize vibration (sound), so I can't hear them at all. The fans are thermally controlled and run at their lowest speed unless really really hot.

There's a few pictures in the rotel pictures thread of them.
        Digital Audio makes me Happy.
        -Dan

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

That's likely just a reflection of where the heat generating components are located.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"