X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pdr711
    • Sep 2004

OOPS! 1080-left channel blown

Hooked up my 1056 and my 1080, got everything working and it sounded great. Hooked up my 12v trigger cable. I could not get it to work first of all and then all the sudden I was not getting sound from my front left speaker.

I read on this forum about some people having trouble with that in the past.The 12v trigger and the 1080 blowing fuses and what not. I took it back to the dealer, he said and I quote "I have sold Rotel for years and never heard of anything like that happening". I told him what I read on this forum and he basicly was not even listening to me. He is going to have the techs check it out though.

Dan
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

There are different fuses he can put in that I believe solves the problem. Try doing a search for 1080 and blown fuse or something like that to get more specific info. Print off what you find and bring it in to the dealer if you think that will help.

Jason
    Jason

Comment

• Aussie Geoff
      Super Senior Member
      • Oct 2003

Dan,

Here is the THREAD you need.

It is a rare problem (so far I am still the only one in Western Austrlia with it) but it is annoying and a few people all over the workd have it. It is sysem specifc and replacing the 1080 with another doesn't help (some combinaiton of speakers, speaker cable and amp). My advice:
      1) Print the thread out
      2) Get the new fused sitted (the 8 amp are better)
      3) Don't use triggers on the 1080 (no problem then)
      4) Enjoy the great sound

Geoff

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"