X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ajpoe
    • Jul 2004

Rotel vs. Marantz (tuners)

Has anyone compared the Marantz ST-6000 to the Rotel RT-1080. I may add a tuner to my setup. Both seem to have great reviews but the Marantz can be had for $250-300 vs. the RT-1080 for $450ish. Are there any other tuners out there at these price points that I should be considering as well? How does the RT-02 compare to the RT-1080? I assume you can get it in black?

Thanks,
    AJ
    AJPoe - - Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional!
  • june
    • Feb 2005

hello ajpoe,

I love my RT-02 for $265.00. This is my first tuner. The RT-1080 has more techical terms that didn't justify the extra funds. The RT-02 sounds CD-ish!
    I'm going to add another RT-02 to my bedroom system. I'm afraid to listen to a more expensive tuner. I'm very happy with my RT-02. My sales person said he could get the RT-02 in black. But on Rotel's web site it only available in silver.

June
    June
    "IF YOU FAIL TO PLAN, YOU PLAN TO FAIL"

Comment

• NewBuyer
      • Feb 2005

We have the RT-1080 and just love it. It seems able to pull in stations much better than other tuners we have heard (mostly receiver-based tuners) and it produces extremely lively, high quality, and rich sound. We are very happy with it. It works great with the Rotel remote that came with the RSP-1068, and turns on right away with the 12V trigger input.

We now enjoy listening to FM radio every day.

Comment

• PewterTA
        • Nov 2004

I didn't pay much more than June did for my RT-1080 and I can tell you he is right, it sounds very CD like. The stereo seperation on these (rotel) units are amazing. If you get a good signal in, I think you'd be hard pressed (unless doing serious critical listening) to not know that you have a CD playing. At worst it sounds like a high quality MP3 (like the 192 - 320Kbps ones).

I have one or two stations that have a little bit of static, but it pulls in the stations clearer and better than any of my receivers ever have. Definitely completely satisfied with it.
        Digital Audio makes me Happy.
        -Dan

Comment

• ajpoe
          • Jul 2004

Thanks for the info guys. Pewter, you got the RT-1080 that cheap? I assume it was second hand or did u mean the RT-02?
          AJPoe - - Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional!

Comment

• june
            • Feb 2005

Rotel RT-961 Tuner

Hello All,

I found a deal on a RT-961 tuner on audiogon.com. Can someone tell me if it sounds like the RT-02 or 1080?

June
            June
            "IF YOU FAIL TO PLAN, YOU PLAN TO FAIL"

Comment

• PewterTA
              • Nov 2004

No RT-1080, I got it for little over 300 if I remember correctly, brandnew from my dealer.... Who's actually in Ohio.

But then again, I did buy the 1095, 1098, RB-1080, and two sets of speakers off him.
              Digital Audio makes me Happy.
              -Dan

Comment

• TonyStarks
                • Aug 2003

I agree with PewterTA, I also have the RT 1080 and it is just amazing! You will not be dissapointed. I also heard there are digital tuners comming out, but when i dont know. All depends on how soon you want to purchase a tuner. Here is a link I have found for you. Good luck.

Comment

• weijst
                  • Jun 2004

I just got myself a RT-1080 yesterday. Although the sound is indeed very good, I don't hear that much improvement over my old, less than half the price NAD tuner (I listen to the radio fed by a cable signal (reception 100%)). Than again, the main reason for the 'upgrade' was getting matching components and offcourse this is what I have now, thus I'm satisfied...
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by weijst; 16 April 2005, 07:16 Saturday. Reason: added picture
                  Marantz SR7005, UD5007; B&W SCMS, Nautilus SCM1; Velodyne SPL-1200R

Comment

• bordin
                    • Apr 2005

Hi,

Just curious, whether radio broadcast stations over digital cable TV would replace a need for a premium analog tuner, like RT-1080 ?? Many have reported the sound quality is acceptable, CD-like.

Comment

• Kevin97225
                      • Oct 2004

Give the RT-1080 time to break-in. It needs time to break in just like amps and CD player. Listen closely and you will hear the difference in detail and the Rotel gives a fuller sound, and yes, it does get CD like performance than any other tuners I've owned or own now. If you can't seem to hear the difference, A/B between with same music station and then you'll hear the difference right away.

Comment

Working...
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"