X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • greenjudas
    • Mar 2005

What do I need to know re:tuners?

Hi everyone,I am waiting on my Rotel RSP1066 pre/pro to arrive soon and since it doesn't have a tuner,I would welcome any advice on what to look for when buying a tuner.It will most probably be bought 2nd hand.Will,for instance,the Rotels learning remote [1050] be able to be programmed to work a tuner if tuner doesn't have remote as a lot seem to be missing remotes.cheers!!
  • Patt
    • Feb 2005

Hi Jeff,

For tuners I have heard and read about Fanfare and Magnum Dynalab. If no one jumps in here with some information about the Rotel gear you might look and ask in Club Rotel. Some guys around there with some serious Rotel equipment might know just what your looking for.
    Last edited by Patt; 11 April 2005, 08:31 Monday.
    ......Pat

Comment

• PewterTA
      • Nov 2004

I have the Rotel RT-1080, but you can get the lower model as well...

Both are fantastic receivers, night and day compared to any of your Denon's, Yamaha, Marantz, Sony, etc. receivers...

The Rotel has very good stereo seperation to it and is very "cd-quality" like. I would bet that on one of the good stations I get in, if one was to walk through the room (and not see that it was on), they would have a tough time telling it wasn't a CD playing. Now if you are going to do critical listening then yes, you will know you are listening to the radio.

But so far, it has picked up channels and brought them in clearer and better sounding than I ever thought possible.

Might want to check either of the Rotel Units out to compliment the RSP1066.
      Digital Audio makes me Happy.
      -Dan

Comment

• bhuskins
        • Aug 2003

The Parasound Halo T3 is an excellent tuner.

Brent Huskins
        Media Design
        HTGuide Sponsor

Comment

• JDH
          • Sep 2004

You can pick up a new Rotel RT-1080 for $600 AUD, comes with its own remote or a new Yamaha tuner for as little as $199, ie. Eastwood HiFi, if you where to buy a new yamaha tuner you could always learn the tuner commands from any Yamaha AV receiver remote. Alternately you could always buy a cheap older style analogue tuner on Ebay for next to nothing.
          Bits of HT & 2ch Stuff: Rotel, Pro-ject, Oppo, Bel Canto, Elektra Audio, Benchmark, Panasonic, DSPeaker, Epson, Slim Devices, Belkin, Philips Pronto, Harmony, URC, Sennheisser, AKG, HTPC under development, KEF, Whatmough, Definitive Technology & Pardigm Signiture speakers

Comment

• NewBuyer
            • Feb 2005

By the way, the 1050 learning remote does in fact also control the RT-1080 tuner.

Comment

• Patric
              • Apr 2005

just check-out http://www.fmtunerinfo.com/

Comment

• Patt
                • Feb 2005

The Parasound is a very good looking tuner.
                P3 & T3, one has tone controls and the other does not, I wonder if there is a disadvantage to having those.
                Last edited by Patt; 30 April 2005, 21:19 Saturday.
                ......Pat

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"