X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dmantis
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jun 2004

How do you turn on your amp?

Does the RMB1095 go into standby if it doesn't see a signal from the preamp? I know if you use the 12v trigger and the voltage goes out it will. But I forgot to pick up a trigger cable and I won't get one until I go back to work on Monday. I watched the amp for 15 minutes after I powered off the preamp and it didn't seem to go into standby. The light stayed blue. I powered off the amp by the front power button when I went to bed. Is this nessary?

I plan on using the trigger but for now I'm not sure what the amp is doing. The manual isn't clear on this subject.

thanks for any info,
    Dan
  • Raezzy
    • Jul 2004

Power on/off

I use the 12V trigger from my RX-V1 to power on and off my RMB-1095.
    AFAIK, the amp DOES NOT go into stand by mode if it is powered on and no signal is present for some time.

Comment

• Dmantis
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jun 2004

Thats what I thought. Damn it I gotta get a trigger cable. I might have to break down and go get one from Radio shack.

Dan

Comment

• arrow
        • Mar 2005

hey raezy how does it sound with that yamie pre

Comment

• DrBoom
          • Dec 2003

The light stayed blue. I powered off the amp by the front power button when I went to bed. Is this nessary?
          The light will also stay blue if you use the 12V trigger, the amp will be powered down but because the main switch is still pressed the LED will remain lit.
          Same thing goes for nearly all Rotel equipment, if you don't turn the main power off completely the LED stays on.
          And no, Rotel amps don't detect input levels, Parasound Halo series does but I don't see any use for it anyway, just use the triggers.

Comment

• Dmantis
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Jun 2004

Yeah I figured that as my preamp's blue light just stays on. The amp hoever untill I get a trigger cable, I will have to trun the amp off when not in use. Well it's been in use most of the day as I'm trying to break in my system.

Thanks much guys,

Dan

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Aug 2000

Its really not that much of an issue though if you just leave it on. When idle its not pulling much current from the wall. Still since the triggers work so well you might as well use them.

Comment

• JDH
                • Sep 2004

Originally posted by DrBoom
                The light will also stay blue if you use the 12V trigger, the amp will be powered down but because the main switch is still pressed the LED will remain lit.
                Same thing goes for nearly all Rotel equipment, if you don't turn the main power off completely the LED stays on.
                And no, Rotel amps don't detect input levels, Parasound Halo series does but I don't see any use for it anyway, just use the triggers.
                The Rotel RB-1050 detects input level, but I guess that amp is mainly for zone 2 duty for background music, they should of built that feature into their other amp range.
                Bits of HT & 2ch Stuff: Rotel, Pro-ject, Oppo, Bel Canto, Elektra Audio, Benchmark, Panasonic, DSPeaker, Epson, Slim Devices, Belkin, Philips Pronto, Harmony, URC, Sennheisser, AKG, HTPC under development, KEF, Whatmough, Definitive Technology & Pardigm Signiture speakers

Comment

• Raezzy
                  • Jul 2004

how does it sound with that yamie pre

Originally posted by arrow
                  hey raezy how does it sound with that yamie pre
                  Gday arrow :-)
                  Sounds great, although in 2 channel mode, is a little lean in the bass (which seems to be either the Burr Brown Dac's, or the pre-amp section of the RX-V1)

The 1095 is powering the Fronts, center and rears, and when swapping from the yamie to the Rotel, there was an immediate improvement - better midrange detail, tighter bottom end, better soundstage and depth etc..

I bought the 1095, because i wanted better sound, not because i needed more power, as the speakers i am using are 95db/1 watt/1 meter and were plenty loud enough with 110W/Channel.

Movies are excellent, and the flexibility offered in the settings really allows you to tailor the sound to suit your needs.
                  This helps overcome the lean bass issues.

Comment

• arrow
                    • Mar 2005

Raezzy I have a rxv-2300 and it has a noisy pre it has a hiss in it for one reason or another that is what i got. I have a 1075 hooked up for power and it sounds good minus the hiss sound

Comment

• Raezzy
                      • Jul 2004

Originally posted by arrow
                      Raezzy I have a rxv-2300 and it has a noisy pre it has a hiss in it for one reason or another that is what i got. I have a 1075 hooked up for power and it sounds good minus the hiss sound
                      Hmmm... thats weird.

I havent had that problem, and cant think of what could be causing hiss.
                      I would find that so frustrating, i would have to sell the pre-amp.
                      My RX-V1 is as silent as a tomb, and apart from the "Lean Bass" issues im very happy with it.

Comment

• shadow
                        • Dec 2003

I buy her dinner and a good bottle of wine. Sorry, could not resist :T

Comment

Working...
                        Searching...Please wait.
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                        There are no results that meet this criteria.
                        Search Result for "|||"