X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vfrjim
    • Apr 2003

1066 and 12v trigger

I was reading the FAQ on Rotels website and it states that you need a 1/8" Mono cable to send the 12v to trigger a amp turn on, but after testing with a multi meter, I had NO voltage being sent and my amp would not turn on. I then proceeded to grab a 1/8" stereo cable and tested it with a multi meter and I had 12v, what's up with that? Is it a typo or is it my specific unit? I figured that I would note this because others may have the same problem.

Jim
  • shuang1234
    • Apr 2003

I built two trigger cables using RadioShack 1/8" mono plugs (they were out of stock of 1/8" mono cables). One for the RMB-1095 and another for a Monster HTS-3500 power center. Both worked first time. On the RMB-1095, you need to flip the trigger switch to on, of course.

Didn't have to adjust anything on the RSP-1066 to get this behaviour.

Comment

• Rock Dog
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2003

I can't comment on the "mono" plug specifically. I can however say that I've only used a stereo to stereo 3.5mm (1/8") cable. And had no issue whatsoever. I did forget to set the switches correctly at first. But after that, nothing but smooth sailing.

There is a slim chance that the mono plug you tried (although they are supposed to be standard) was a little off with reagrds to the placement of the 2 contacts. Maybe the black seperation ring was a little north or south of convention, thus not able to make the connection.

-Thomas-

The easiest way to find something lost around the house, is to buy a replacement.

Hey You! Make sure you stop by the HTguide Off-Topic section. It's FUN!!!

-Thomas-

As long as people will accept crap, it will be financially profitable to dispense it.

Hey You! Make sure you stop by the HTguide After Midnight section. It's FUN!!!

Comment

• Greg Johnson
        • Jan 2003

I made my own trigger cables using the following Radio Shack parts:

Cat# 274-286 1/8" phone plug (pkg of 2)
        Cat# 278-513 24ga 2 conductor shielded audio cable (50 ft. spool)

Worked for me and cost about 12 USD.

Hope this helps.

Greg

Comment

Working...
        😀
        😂
        🥰
        😘
        🤢
        😎
        😞
        😡
        👍
        👎
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"