Rotel 1080 amp has 12v trigger, Yamaha RX-V1400 doesn't... Ideas?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • azsyno
    • Oct 2005

Rotel 1080 amp has 12v trigger, Yamaha RX-V1400 doesn't... Ideas?

Want to utilize my Harmony 880 remote to turn on the Rotel Amp when turning on/off all functions. Problem is that my Yammy Rx-V1400 doesn't have the 12v trigger function. Can I purchase a device that will alleviate this issue? don't really want to add a Rotel (or other) reciever just to get this function...

Thoughts?

Thank you!
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

12v power supply plugged into the back of the 1400's switched outlets.

Kevin D.

Comment

• azsyno
      • Oct 2005

Kevin,
      I found a thread that helped after I saw your post. I'm seemingly all set... Need to find out from someone though if the blue light on the Rotel 1080 should go out when all is turned off. The Rotel manual doesn't mention this, but does say the Power button always needs to be turned on. I checked the trigger and it's operational, but now am wondering why that Blue light on the Rotel would always stay on. Doesn't seem right to me... Who am I to say though? I coudn't even figure out a good way to create a trigger until today and now it seems so basic :-/

Ideas on that blue light?

Comment

• Kevin D
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Oct 2002

As per the thread in Rotel Club, it should stay on all the time. Glad you got it worked out!

Kevin D.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"