X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bluespower
    • Sep 2005

1068 Trigger Question

I got my new power amp for my second zone and attempted to use the "zone" trigger to power it on and off.

If I go into the set-up area for zone 2 and define the trigger as "zone" the zone 2 amp powers up (a good thing). When I turn off zone 2 (on the 1068) the zone 2 power amp stays on (a bad thing). If I put my multi-meter on the lead for the zone 2 trigger and I get 12v all the time.

Unless my logic is 180 degrees out of sync with Rotel engineering, I think I've got a problem.

Are any of you suscessfully turning on and OFF accessory equipment?
    Bluespower
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

You need to make sure that 'zone' isn't listed under your input triggers either.

Kevin D.

Comment

• Bluespower
      • Sep 2005

Kevin D

Thanks for nudging me in the right direction. When I first posted I did not have the zone 2 trigger called out on any of the "Input Setup" SOURCES but I had not discovered that under the "Zone2 Setup" menu that EACH source had its own setting. Changing all the selections to 12V TRIGGER: OFF except for SOURCE: SOURCE has it working the way I had hoped. I called my dealer yesterday and even he couldn't offer any suggestions except to have the unit serviced (two months old). Thanks again!!! :T
      Bluespower

Comment

• Kevin D
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Oct 2002

The individual settings in the zone menu is news to me! Glad what I said got you looking though.

Kevin D.

Comment

• bulitnv
          • Mar 2006

Not sure if this helps, but when I power down my system, the zone 2 amp powers down, but not until about 2-3 minutes after my 1095/1068/1060 power down. If I was to multi meter my 1080(zone 2) right after shut down, it would appear to be powered up, a couple minutes later it powers down. I guess this in in my settings somewhere.?.?

Chris

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"