Fault: Video connections 1066.......

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • nismo
    Junior Member
    • Aug 2003
    • 2

    #1

    Fault: Video connections 1066.......

    Hello

    I think I have a problem on my video-inputs.
    In composite (not component) I get a very "blurry" picture. (The OSD is all white, not possible to read)

    In S-video I don't get any picture at all.

    Could it be a fault on my 1066? Have tried with two different TV's. And two sets of cables
  • Danbry39
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2002
    • 1584

    #2
    Have never connected using the video switching of the Rotel, so I'm limited in how I can help, so hopefully others who have gone this route can help.

    It seems you've eliminated your TV and connects as the culprit.

    Have you tried to see if you get the correct picture by going direct with the video out of your DVD player to the TV?

    Also, I'm assuming you're not mixing composite and S-Video connections, because this won't work. It has to be composite from source to Rotel to TV or S-Video from source to Rotel to TV.

    I also figure you've configured your input menu correctly or else you wouldn't be getting the picture at all.

    I'm also assuming that you're using video, not audio, cables.

    Other than these things, I'm stumped.




    Keith
    Keith

    Comment

    Related Topics

    Collapse

    • hired goon
      RSP-1068 video quality problems
      by hired goon
      G'day,

      I think the video handling of my Rotel RSP-1068 pre/pro is acting up,

      I've got an old TV, which only accepts composite input, and is non-progressive. I've got a set-top box connected via composite to Video 1, a VCR connected via composite to Video 3, and a DVD connected...
      06 March 2005, 06:47 Sunday
    • sylvain
      1055/1056 Video Switching
      by sylvain
      Hi,

      I spent a lot of time listening to NAD and Rotel receivers in the store and decided to go for the cheaper NAD T753.

      Unfortunately, I am having a lot of problem with the video switching abilities of the receiver. There is a strong red push (10-15% measured with the Avia...
      02 March 2004, 12:20 Tuesday
    • subynube
      Audio/video delay on oppo DVD player?
      by subynube
      Just bought an Oppo DVD 981HD player. I hooked video/audio to TV with HDMI cable, and digital coax audio to my pre/pro.(Emotiva LMC-1 by the way). I am noticing a delay between the audio and video picture. It is slight, but was not there with my last Denon DVD player. I can percieve the delay both...
      27 February 2008, 21:21 Wednesday
    • Chris D
      Widescreen Review Magazine article on Sony HS-10
      by Chris D
      For those who were asking, here's a "hard" copy of the review. This PJ is one that I've been looking at for a while, and finding good stuff.

      Sony VPL-HS10 Video Projector
      Champagne Video On A Lemonade Budget

      By Greg Rogers


      ...
      29 January 2003, 05:14 Wednesday
    • Lex
      KE32TS2 32 inch plasma display
      by Lex
      Well, I quitely added this TV to supplement my front projection since I saw real quickly that I was going to crank a lot of hours on my PJ in a hurry. It's an HDTV monitor, the following applies: (Extracted from Plasma Depot since it was actually better than Sony's writeup.) I won't address each feature...
      12 October 2003, 21:33 Sunday
    • Loading...
    • No more items.
    Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

      Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

      Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"