X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sindel
    • May 2003

Digital Video Essentials & 1066

Can use some help on how to work with the Digital Video Essentials DVD and my 1066 processor, I hope this is the right place to post this question. Specifically, while I am probably missing something pretty obvious, I am having trouble sorting out how to work with the audio setup/test tones.

When I go to the test tone section, my first issue is no matter what test tone I select it cycles through them and doesnt just stay on the one I selected. Now the more important issue, once I set a reference level (lets say I use the master volume to register 75db for the left channel), what do I have other than the master volume control to adjust the other channels while in DVD play mode?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks
    Phil
  • I'mListening
    • Jul 2003

Phil,

The DVE audio tones will not allow you to pause on a specific channel. You must quickly make the said channel adjustment on the processor... or then make the adjustment then scroll back to the specific channel with your DVD remote.

One you have adjusted the volume of the Left Front Main to your 75db. reference level using a SPL meter, the rest of the speaker levels will be adjusted with the TEST TONE menu on the Rotel Processors OSD (On Screen Display). Ignoring the actual audible "test tone" from the Rotel... simply adjust the selected speaker's level up or down. This is time consuming as you must switch from the On Screen Test Tone Speaker Adjustment to the DVE Test Tone for each speaker adjustment.

Also, while you are doing all this be sure to set the Speaker Delay from the On Screen Display. The Rotel manual can explain how many milliseconds per foot delay for each speaker. It is pretty easy and straight forward.

Thanks for reading!

Enter The Cyberdyne Cinema

Darren
    Thanks for reading!

Enter The Cyberdyne Cinema

Darren

Comment

• sindel
      • May 2003

Thanks for the info!

Phil

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"