Component Video Pass Through Capability?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • shadow
    • Dec 2003

Component Video Pass Through Capability?

I have a 1056 receiver and a Comcast HD cable box. My question is: I frequently watch cable tv through the tv with tv sound w/o the Rotel sound system engaged. I currently am running my cable box directly to the tv. If I run a component cable from the cable box to the 1056, then component out from the receiver to the tv, can I still watch cable tv directly with the receiver turned off (standby), or will I need to turn the receiver on to watch and hear tv? This setup if possible would make it easier for my wife to use since she would not have to mess with inputs on the tv when she wanted to change from tv to dvd. Help?
  • Neal_C
    • Feb 2003

The signals will not pass if the receiver is off or in standby, it must be on for both video and audio.

You could run component cables from both the cable box and dvd player into the 1056, then run one set of component cables out of the 1056 to the tv. This would mean DVD and TV would play on the same tv input, so no changing there. The receiver would have to be on for either to play, but all she would have to do is turn the receiver to the appropriate setting (you can label the inputs to what you desire), either dvd or cable, and she would get picture and sound.

So basically, she could turn on the tv (it could always be set to the component input that is active), turn on the receiver, and turn the receiver to whatever input, dvd or cable, that she wants. Simple as that.

Or you could get her a remote with macros (like a Pronto or others), and program it where all she has to do is press one button and everything comes on to the appropriate input and all she would have to do is adjust the volume to her desireable level.

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"