X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mike in denver
    • Oct 2003

Cable Question

I recently purchased my Rotel Seperates and have been having fun cableing them up. I have a question on video cables. My old tv (toshiba blackstripe circa 1984) does not have a component or s-video input. I am assuming I need a composite cable for this link. Do I then still use a component video cable to link the DVD player to the 1066 processor? Or should I use something else. Thanks
  • skipm
    • Jun 2003

Mike-

The rule of thumb is that unless you have a receiver or pre/pro that does video up-conversion, whatever video inputs you have connected, you have to have the same type of output going to your display. I don't think the 1066 does any video conversion of any sort so if your TV is connected to your 1066 via composite, then all your source components must be connected to the 1066 via composite as well. This includes your DVD player.

-Skip

Comment

• mike in denver
      • Oct 2003

Thanks for the reply. I have a follow-up question. I think I have a problem because my DVD player only has component out jacks. how will I route this through the 1066 and into the tv that only has composite in jacks?

Comment

• skipm
        • Jun 2003

The only way I know of is for you to go to Radio Shack or Best Buy and purchase one of those thingys, I forget what they are called, converter boxes that convert composite, s-video, component input to RF (coxial) output. Just tell them what you need and they will know what you are talking about. Radio Shack had a bunch of them last year just before Christmas because they knew everybody and their brother would be getting a DVD player for Christmas. Video from your DVD player goes directly to your TV, bypassing the 1066. It's the only way I know to do it with the equipment you have.

Speaking of Christmas, you do know you need to be asking Santa for a new TV, right? (grin)

-Skip

Comment

• skipm
          • Jun 2003

Doube Post

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"