Is Rotel responsive to requests for improvements/additions to RS-232 features?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lhl12
    • Apr 2003

Is Rotel responsive to requests for improvements/additions to RS-232 features?

I would like to see Rotel add the following features to its RS-232 protocol on the RSX-1055:

- Ability to set discretely and query the current volume level

- Ability to set discrete Mute On and Mute Off and to query Mute status

I don't know if either or both of these features could be implemented solely via a firmware upgrade. If so, I'd like to know the best way to make these requests to Rotel.
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

I'll see what I can find out.

Comment

• Kevin D
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Oct 2002

I'm not sure what you are controlling it with, but both of those functions can be done with the current setup.

Request a display update and the current volume is displayed in it's return. Calculate the volume you want to be at vs where it's at and send the appropriate number of VOL commands.

If you are on tuner on the 1055 or 1065 will have AM or FM in the output, so hit a single volume up to get a volume update and then calculate the number of VOL commands.

If you get AM, FM, or the volume, mute is off. If you get a flashing MUTE ON, it's on. Fire off the mute command if needed.

Kevin D.

Comment

• lhl12
        • Apr 2003

Originally posted by Kevin D
        I'm not sure what you are controlling it with, but both of those functions can be done with the current setup.

Request a display update and the current volume is displayed in it's return. Calculate the volume you want to be at vs where it's at and send the appropriate number of VOL commands.

If you are on tuner on the 1055 or 1065 will have AM or FM in the output, so hit a single volume up to get a volume update and then calculate the number of VOL commands.

If you get AM, FM, or the volume, mute is off. If you get a flashing MUTE ON, it's on. Fire off the mute command if needed.

Kevin D.
        I'd like to be able simply to send a specific dB level to to the unit and have it go directly to that level.

I'd also like to be able to check for Mute status on sources other than the Tuner.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"