X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thedarklobster
    • Jul 2003

popping during power up

Well I'm trying to sort through some of the issues right now with my 1066 as I'm wondering why I sent it out at all between this and the issues with my other post.
    When I power up the 1066/1075 I have a popping sound in my speakers. It seems to be the only time it occurs. I've checked and rechecked my connections and they all seem to be fine. I'm using 12gauge to my fronts and center, and 14guage to my rears, all with bannana clips. Any idea on what would cause this? Is it a wiring issue? I didn't have this before the upgrade with the BM and firmware.
    Also, my unit is also not automatically recognizing DDEX either and I have the newest firmware.
    I'm sure as heck wondering if I should have had any of these updates completed as my unit was perfect before.
    Thanks,
    Shane
  • Danbry39
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Sep 2002

Yeah, I read your other post. Hopefully, Mike will be able to come up with something. I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with your speaker cables or their gauge though.

By the way, I don't feel you were wrong in having the mod and upgrade done. Something went awry though.

Keith
    Keith

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"