X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • audunth
    • Sep 2003

Popping sound in RSX1055

Hi!

I have a RSX-1055 connected to a RB-985 for the front and center channels. When I turn it on with the remote, I get a popping sound from the surround and center back speakers, which are connected to the internal power amps, but not from the front/center which are connected to the RB-985, even though the RB-985 stays on all the time and has no trigger function.

I have upgraded to the latest firmware (v1.50).

Anyone else have this problem with the RSX-1055?

-Audun
    Regards,
    Audun
  • Tha Freak
    • Jul 2003

I think that the latest firmware is 2.26 (i have 2.25 in my 2 months old RSX-1055) and it's suppose to solve the popping in surrounds...

- - - - - - - - - -

"Are you gonna bark all day little doggy?...or are you gonna bite?
    -Mr. Blond in Reservoir Dogs
    - - - - - - - - - -

"Are you gonna bark all day little doggy?...or are you gonna bite?

Comment

• audunth
      • Sep 2003

There are 2 production series of the 1055. The 1.50 for the 1-series equals the 2.26 for the 2-series. The firmwares are not cross compatible.

-Audun
      Regards,
      Audun

Comment

• audunth
        • Sep 2003

No one else with a 1055 have this popping sound when turning it on from standby?

Wrote to Rotel too, but have got no answer yet.

Regards,
        Audun
        Regards,
        Audun

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

Audun You say that you have the 1.XX firmware but in your other thread you say you just bought this a couple of weeks ago? If that's true I'd be upset since you should have gotten a new model from a dealer which would have given you the higher bandwidth and the new remote

Comment

• audunth
            • Sep 2003

It's true I bought it just a few weeks ago. However, since Rotel just changed importer in Norway, the old importer had a sale where they sold the store demo models, so the one I got has probably been demoing in some store for a while. I got 40% off though

Do I have to send it to Rotel to upgrade it to a 2-series? And do I get this for free? And can I exchange my remote for free too, if I send it to Rotel?

And what about the popping sound when I turn it on from standby? Anyone?

Regards,
            Audun
            Regards,
            Audun

Comment

• georose
              • Apr 2003

Yes, I sometimes get the popping sound from my rear speakers. Have ver. 2.25 on my 1055. Too much work to disconnect everything for an upgrade so I just hit the mute button right after on button.

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Aug 2000

I don't know what happens in europe regarding who to send your rotel to but here in north america we send it to Rotel and they do the hardware upgrade for a cost of $100 I think. Email Rotel and I'm sure they'll tell you what you need to do.

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Aug 2000

oops double post

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"