X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ross Smith
    • May 2004

Clicking,popping noise with RSP 1066

As mentioned a thousand times before on this web page I too have a clicking popping sound with my RSP 1066, it has the 2.4 firmware.It is quiet annoying when changing TV channels on my digital set top box. When going back through previous pages everyone talks about installing the new 2.6 firmware but no one has reported back to say for sure whether it fixes the problem.
    So any help would be appreciated.
  • DrJRapp
    Super Senior Member
    • Apr 2003

I did an upgrade from 2.22 to 2.26. The upgrade helped reduce the popping, but did not eliminate it completely. I think that the more efficient your speakers the more noticable the popping can be. My Klipsch 7 series are very efficient and therefore the popping is very evident.
    Jerry Rappaport

Comment

• Locutus2k
      • May 2004

In my case i've had poppin' with 1098 and after a troubleshooting i've found that the optical digital audio cable of the dvd player was faulty.

Comment

• Ross Smith
        • May 2004

Thanks for the replies guys it looks like I'll have to live with the clicking sound.The noise isn't that loud and its not always present, I can get it by say just turning on the EQ button or by making selections in the menu set up. I especially hate the noise when channel surfing through my digital STB but I suppose I can change the coax imput to anologue. Anyhow I'll try the down load and hope for starters that I don't stuff it up and then keep my fingers crossed that the firmware upgrade works.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"