X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Michael Garrott
    • Jul 2004

RMB 1075 rated power vs actual power

Hi,

I have a friend who is considering purchasing a 1075 multi-channel amp and he wanted to find out the power specs per channel.

The 1075 is rated by Rotel as 120W per channel, all channels driven, but I also understand Rotel tends towards the conservative side of things. Does anyone know what the 1075's actual tested watts per channel is (all channels driven)?

Otherwise, does anyone know of any 1075 reviews that would have this info?

Many thanks,
    Michael.
  • resperc
    • May 2004

Do a search at Ecoustics.com in the editorial reviews section. You should get 3-5 reviews of the RMB 1075. I know of one review off the top of my head at ultimateavmag.com, do a search for Rotel and it will come up. Good luck!

PS-I love my RMB 1075.

Comment

• Michael Garrott
      • Jul 2004

Thanks for the suggestions resperc,

However, none of the reviews on those sites have shown what the actual tested power output per channel is.

I actually have the RMB 1075 myself and love it. I've not had the slightest concern regarding the power of the unit - but some people (my friend) always hunger for more.

Comment

• basementjack
        • Dec 2004

You're friend should get a 1095 then!

I love my 1075 -

I called rotel about the 2 channel rating (as I noticed that their receivers all have higher 2 channel ratings) The rotel guy said the same thing basically held true for the 1075 expect another 20 watts per channel in stereo.

Comment

• Lefteris
          • Feb 2005

I have a review on it from a greek magazine (I live in Athens), and the maximum dBSPL count was 114, on a load of 5 B&W Nautilus 801, and 109 dBSPL on the load of 5 Magnepan MG 3.6. Don't just use power numbers to see whether an amp can perform - transformers count as well, and most importantly current intensity. And if that's too technical, just go listen to the machine with the speakers you intend to use it. (By the way, they say that they measured 120x5, all channels driven)
          Miles Smiles

Comment

• htsteve
            Super Senior Member
            • Sep 2004

1095 Rating

Michael,

I have a 1095. I had a ground problem in my system. Before figuring that out, I took the 1095 into the dealer. They tested it out, including actual output. I was told it was actually putting out 230 per channel. I know they power my B&W's (Nautilus 804s and HTM1) very well. I know this isn't the 1075, but I thought you might want to know about a similar product. The 1075 is a fine amp that will drive many speakers very nicely. Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"