X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blindamood
    • Sep 2003

New RMB-1085 Reviews

Just thought I'd pass along a couple of recent reviews of the RMB-1085 amp that I've come across. The first is in the latest (October) issue of Home Theater magazine. The review is not yet available online, but will be eventually.

The second is on the "Secrets" web site -- link below:
    Secrets RMB-1085 Review

Both are very favorable reviews of this Class D amp. The Home Theater review also covers the RSP-1069 processor.
    Brad
  • shadow 8
    • Aug 2004

Kind of mirrors what you and I posted last year on this site. :T

Comment

• MoltenLava
      • Sep 2008

The review from Home Theater is very favorable. The review system consisted of RSP-1069 pre/pro, RMB-1085, and Martin Logan electrostatic. Didn't say which model though. The sound was described as "dramatic" and "powerful". He also said "this system is meant for music lovers", and concluded with "from an audio perspective, the combination of the two Rotel units were close to ideal."

However the reviewer Fred Manteghian made a critical mistake and incorrectly stated that "RMB-1085 employs ICEpower technology from Bang & Olufsen." Hmm, that might put the credibility of the entire review in jeopardy.. :roll:

Comment

• shadow 8
        • Aug 2004

The modules used in the amp are irrelevant regarding the quality of sound of the amp. His review would be suspect only if he did not listen to the amp and describe what he heard. His description is consistent with what I and virtually everyone else have heard from this amp.

Comment

• hifiguymi
          Super Senior Member
          • Mar 2007

Originally posted by MoltenLava
          However the reviewer Fred Manteghian made a critical mistake and incorrectly stated that "RMB-1085 employs ICEpower technology from Bang & Olufsen." Hmm, that might put the credibility of the entire review in jeopardy.. :roll:
          All of the Rotel class D amps use ICE Power modules at their core. They are not all the same module for a given output, like the 100 watt modules, but they are all ICE Power from B&O.

Eric

Comment

• MoltenLava
            • Sep 2008

I own a RMB-1085 which I like a lot. I also used to own ICEpower based amps, which I didn't like as much for various reasons. There is no doubt the technology being used in the amplifier and the sound produced by the amps are two different things. I like the sound of RMB-1085. And it's not because it's class D, and not because it's not ICEpower based. My point about the credibility of the review is the reviewer was not well informed about the product he's reviewing, which I think is pretty significant. If the reviewer is not careful enough to check the facts about the product being reviewed, how much water can his opinion really hold?

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"