X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • slaikan
    • Dec 2005

RMB-1075 replacement due soon?

Hi

I'm in themarket for a RMB-1075, checking the reviews, it seems like the amp is about 4 Years old, anyone know whether the amp will have a successor soon?

The 1075 has some great reviews, anyone driven a pair of Martin Logan Aerius i's with it? How do you think it will handle impedance loads going as low as 3ohms?

By the way, check www.rotel.com, what's on top of the RSP-1068? RDV-1092?

Thanks
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

It's doubtful. Amp technology doesn't change much and they probably won't replace it until a complete switch-over to digital amps (not likely) or a 'series' change that changes the look of all of their pieces, IE: going from the '9 series' (plain black boxes) to the '10 series' (flat fronts with heatsinks on the sides).

As far as handling 3ohm loads, that's pretty tough. It will handle it, but you probably be starving for power down low.

Kevin D.

Comment

• slaikan
      • Dec 2005

Thanks Kevin, the plan is probably to go RMB-1075, then add a RMB-1080 / RMB-1090 for the fronts a bit later depending on whether they're still available at the time. My current amp does seem to stress a bit when pushed hard, instruments begin to sound "compressed" and confused. My current amp and the RMB-1075 has very similar power ratings, but i'm hoping that improvements in the "newer" amp are indeed going to make a significant difference.

Comment

• shadow
        • Dec 2003

The Aerius is an easy load to drive. It drops to 3 ohms only around 20Khz, which is easy for any competently designed amp to drive. Some cheap gear may oscillate at that frequency, but there is little info in this area and no significant current draw occurs due to the high frequency involved.

Comment

• DrJRapp
          Super Senior Member
          • Apr 2003

I have been told by my Rotel mole that the intended replacement for the 1075 is the 1077. The 1075 won't be dropped as long as there is demand for it, however there will be no analog SS replacement. How much truth there is to this is anybody's guess, but I think Rotel's intentions to eventually go all digital are pretty clear with the fact that they discontinued production of the RB 1090, then restarted production when the RB 1092 was be delayed.
          Jerry Rappaport

Comment

• slaikan
            • Dec 2005

Wow, I've been reading some of your comments on the 1077, I'm definitely going to have a listen before I make the final decision. My dealer mentioned the 1077, he didn't have one in stock, mentioned 100Wx7, digital amp, remembered seeing one at a local trade show (it looked so inadequate) and I sort of wrote it off in the back of my mind. Thank goodness I found this forum and your comments on it, thanks!

Comment

• mjb
              Super Senior Member
              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by DrJRapp
              I have been told by my Rotel mole that the intended replacement for the 1075 is the 1077. The 1075 won't be dropped as long as there is demand for it, however there will be no analog SS replacement. How much truth there is to this is anybody's guess, but I think Rotel's intentions to eventually go all digital are pretty clear with the fact that they discontinued production of the RB 1090, then restarted production when the RB 1092 was be delayed.
              While I don't dissagree, it seems odd to replace a 5 channel amp with a 7 channel one costing twice as much.
              - Mike

Main System:
              B&W 802D, HTM2D, SCMS
              Classé SSP-800, CA-2200, CA-5100

Comment

• DrJRapp
                Super Senior Member
                • Apr 2003

Originally posted by mjb
                While I don't dissagree, it seems odd to replace a 5 channel amp with a 7 channel one costing twice as much.
                Does the word "profit" ring a bell? From Rotel's standpoint that may not be so odd.
                Jerry Rappaport

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"