X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

I'll see about getting the V3 code tomorrow.

Andrew, I'm getting a file not found on the 1056 firmware, are you still in the process of uploading it?
    sorry there was a typo inthe URL it should now work ok.

I'll also inquire as to if the MTTY software is required for the 1056, 1068 and 1067 updates...my gut says that its likely not required but it is faster and easier to use then HyperTerminal so you might want to install it anyway. You can get a copy of it from the 1098's firmware download

Comment

• DrJRapp
      Super Senior Member
      • Apr 2003

Originally posted by Andrew Pratt
      Jerry I'll contact you again and see if we can't work something out regarding them contacting you directly.

As for the rest of us I wouldn't say we're in denial...our products work just fine for us

Thanks Andrew
      Last edited by DrJRapp; 23 February 2005, 19:02 Wednesday.
      Jerry Rappaport

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

Hopefully we'll resolve our email issues Jerry and get this issue moving forward.

Comment

• pciav
          • Jun 2004

...I'll also inquire as to if the MTTY software is required for the 1056, 1068 and 1067 updates...my gut says that its likely not required but it is faster and easier to use then HyperTerminal so you might want to install it anyway. You can get a copy of it from the 1098's firmware download
          Thanks, Andrew. I downloaded the 1098 update and took the MTTY program from there as suggested. According to the PDF contained it does mention the 1056, 1067, and 1068 also, so it should work with the new terminal program.

Any idea as to the second part of my question?

Originally posted by pciav
          Since V1.1.9 was never released on the Rotel website nor the EPROM flash update, how does this affect going to V1.2.1. Is the EPROM flash still required to update the DSP mode's? If so, how and when will this be available?
          Phil C.

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2000

I'm going to look into that tomorrow.

Comment

• pciav
              • Jun 2004

Thanks again, Andrew.

Comment

• soundhound
                • Mar 2004

Ditto, Thanx Andrew, 1068 so far so good.

Comment

• Raphie
                  • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Kyle
                  FYI, upgraded my 1068 to v1.2.1, no problems so far!
                  How did you do that, mine didn't even want to boot after upgrading, needed to go back to V1.1.7 (version it shipped with)

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
                    Moderator Emeritus
                    • Aug 2000

I don't think it requires the EPROM update...at least on my 1098 it didn't need it for the new code to work. I've got an email into Rotel to make sure I understand the situation but that's my take on it at this time.

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
                      Moderator Emeritus
                      • Aug 2000

Ok just got conformation that you DON'T need the Eprom for the new code to work. You only need it to give you stereo surrounds on the 7 channel mode and that the new eprom code should be up on the Rotel site later today.

Comment

• pciav
                        • Jun 2004

So there is no specific sequence that needs to be done, install Eprom first, then 1.2.1?

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
                          Moderator Emeritus
                          • Aug 2000

I'd likely do the eprom first then reapply the firmware if you've installed it already...though i can't say for sure if that's required.

Comment

• pciav
                            • Jun 2004

Thanks once again, Andrew. That is what I figured based upon the instructions for the 1098.

Do you know why 1.9.1 and the Eprom update were never released and made public by Rotel until now? Seems like there where more updates in 1.9.1 than in 1.2.1.

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
                              Moderator Emeritus
                              • Aug 2000

From what i understand there were reasons outside Rotel of North America's control so they waiting until now to release it.

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
                                Moderator Emeritus
                                • Aug 2000

Please see the firmware sticky thead for links to the firmwarem eprom and MTTY utility on Rotel's support pages.

Comment

• Kyle
                                  • Jan 2005

How do the eeprom updates work, same deal?
                                  My gear

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
                                    Moderator Emeritus
                                    • Aug 2000

Yes same deal as the firmware

Comment

• pciav
                                      • Jun 2004

FYI...All Info and downloads for the RSP-1068 is up and live on the Rotel Site..

[EDIT]: Removed Link as it is already updated in the Firmware Sticky Thread.

Comment

• Fishy
                                        • Jul 2004

Just re-downloaded all the software/firmwares and ROMUpdate.4 is missing.

Guess I shall just have to wait a bit longer.

Fish

Comment

• DrJRapp
                                          Super Senior Member
                                          • Apr 2003

Yes same deal as the firmware
                                          Andrew

Any way to tell which ROM version is currently installed? I know how to check firmware version but not ROM version.
                                          Jerry Rappaport

Comment

• pciav
                                            • Jun 2004

Downloaded and installed the Eprom Update and V1.2.1 to my RSP1068. I used a Dell Inspiron 9100 laptop with a Keyspan USB to serial adapter, WinXP Pro, Flash Up and the new MTTY without a hitch. I have to agree with some of the earlier posts, Rotel could do a much better job of packaging the updates. I am not complaining as I love my Rotel, but compared to others, the Rotel implementation is rough at best, but hey it works.

I had to download the 1098 Eprom Update and extract the Flash Up Files from it because I kept getting an error saying setup could not open the Setup.LST file from the 1068 download. I actually downloaded and unzipped twice just to make sure it was the file. After downloading the 1098 update I checked the file dates and size against the 1068 files and it is the same program, ran the install, then the Rom Update 4, no problems. Next I did the 1.2.1 update, again without problem.

Before doing the update, I wrote down all of my settings, which to be honest is a real pain in the ass. After doing the factory reset per the instructions, I thought the user default settings I saved would be able to be loaded after doing the reset. No go, had to re-input everything. This is one area Rotel can really improve upon. How about a software program to back up your configuration so you can reload it after flashing or dedicating the user default save to non volatile memory, something. Hopefully in the next generation, Rotel will implement these features which I have all but gotten to used to as the norm on other gear I own.

[EDIT 02/25/05] Reverted to 1.1.7. See Firmware Issues Thread for details regarding DD 2.0 issues.

Phil C.
                                            Last edited by pciav; 25 February 2005, 11:10 Friday.

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
                                              Moderator Emeritus
                                              • Aug 2000

I don't know how you'd check what eprom you have loaded...but its likely safe to assume it needs updating.

Comment

• Kyle
                                                • Jan 2005

I just upgraded my eeprom. For the record, the switch on the back doesn't have to be flipped to program, and the unit gets programmed when its actually turned on, as opposed to when you flash the firmware.. that threw me for a minute
                                                My gear

Comment

• pciav
                                                  • Jun 2004

I was prompted for a password when I saved the User Default settings. There was nothing in the documentation about the default password, unless I missed it, but I tried 0000 and it worked. I then went in to change the password and it prompts you for the old password and again it recognized 0000, so I assume that 0000 is the default password.

Comment

• Kevin D
                                                    Ultra Senior Member
                                                    • Oct 2002

I believe the new firmware added the password option, so future manuals will probably include an addendum..

Kevin D.

Comment

• weijst
                                                      • Jun 2004

Installed v1.2.1 on my 1068 last night (comming from v.1.1.7.). Everything worked without any problems 8) .
                                                      Afterwards I did the Eprom update. When finished, the unit stopped responding completely! It didn't even come on when pushing the power switch (front and back) !

So I installed v.1.2.1 again (the computer was able to connect to the 1068, eventhough the latter showed no sign whatsoever that it was turned on).
                                                      Afterwards everything worked again.

Bottomline, in my case I guess it did make a difference in which order you update the software and the eprom version:
                                                      First the Eprom update, then the software update...

Good luck everyone! :T
                                                      Attached Files
                                                      Last edited by weijst; 24 February 2005, 08:50 Thursday.
                                                      Marantz SR7005, UD5007; B&W SCMS, Nautilus SCM1; Velodyne SPL-1200R

Comment

• pciav
                                                        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Kevin D
                                                        I believe the new firmware added the password option, so future manuals will probably include an addendum..

Kevin D.
                                                        Sorry I wasn't clearer. I do realize the password feature was added in the new firmware, what they forgot to put in the release notes is that the default password is 0000, at least that is what I found. without putting in the default password you can not save your config nor change the password.

It should be contained in a revised manual, but for those doing the upgrade now and wanting to save the user default, you need a password in order to do it.

Phil C.

Comment

• Azeke
                                                          Super Senior Member
                                                          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by pciav
                                                          Sorry I wasn't clearer. I do realize the password feature was added in the new firmware, what they forgot to put in the release notes is that the default password is 0000, at least that is what I found. without putting in the default password you can not save your config nor change the password.

It should be contained in a revised manual, but for those doing the upgrade now and wanting to save the user default, you need a password in order to do it.

Phil C.
                                                          Perhaps Andrew will post that information in the Firmware upgrade area for all to see, if it's not a secret 8).

Regards :lol: ,

Azeke

Comment

• Raphie
                                                            • Nov 2004

Just did the upgrade on the 1068 and now all went well. finally DPLII Game for the xbox and stereo back surround

Comment

• Stevebez
                                                              • Oct 2003

Upgrade of software ... word of warning!

In case - like me - you struggled for an hour to get the MTTY software to recognise the Processor - you need to switch off the unit fully i.e. the back panel switch should be off - then toggle the dip switches and off you go ...

I had unit in standby and there was no joy.... fortunately all went well afterwards including EPROM upgrade.

Rgds Steve.

Comment

Working...
                                                              Searching...Please wait.
                                                              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                                              There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                                              Search Result for "|||"