X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • spiffnme
    • Apr 2003

RA-1062 integrated or RB-1050 / RC-1070 combo

For a 2 channel bedroom system...

I've already got speakers, Snell Acoustics type K/II's.

I need to decide between the RA-1062 integrated or going with the RB-1050 and RC-1070 combo.

To be honest I already bought the RB-1050, and have been searching for a deal on a silver RC-1070, but in my searching I just came across a nice deal on the RA-1062, and thought it may be simpler to just get the integrated...I can alway re-sell the 1050 on Ebay or Audiogon.

Which way would you go, and why?

Thanks for the help.
  • Aussie Geoff
    Super Senior Member
    • Oct 2003

Spifnme,

The RC/RB combo will allow for future upgrades (e.g. higher power amps etc) However if this is a bedroom system and upgrades are unlikely (i.e. you have a main system) - then the RA-1062 will be fine. Interestingly the RA-1062 will let you drive your RB-1050 if thats what you want...

Regards

[B]Geoff[/B
    ]

Comment

• spiffnme
      • Apr 2003

Thanks for changing the name of my thread...I was planning on something like that, but figured it would be too long. Guess I was wrong.

Anybody else have any thoughts on this?

Comment

• spiffnme
        • Apr 2003

I guess the name change didn't help much either.

Comment

• spiffnme
          • Apr 2003

Well...this thread can continue to be disregarded, as I decided to get the RA-1062 integrated.

I guess this means I have a nice RB-1050 available for sale now.

Comment

• ZX 6R
            • Jan 2003

The 1070 is defintely one of Rotel's weaker pieces at the moment. All the current integrateds pretty much have better sounding pre-sections than the RC-1070. It's VERY bright and harsh compaired to all the other gear. If you're on a budget look for used 995 which is MUCH better sounding. Going with the 1062 as you have is also a good option providing you don't need big power.

Comment

• spiffnme
              • Apr 2003

The review I read of the 1062 tested the power of the unit, and though it is rated at 60 watts, their tests showed that to be a VERY understated rating...their results put it at 90/channel! It also bested the rest of the crowd in blind testing. I think I'm going to be thrilled with the 1062.

Comment

• tensjed
                • Jan 2005

spiffnme, are you thrilled?

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"