X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tensjed
    • Jan 2005

Integrated or amp/pre

Currently i have the ra1062 powering my b&w 7nt. Only 60 watts.

I have been advised that i am under powered. However, budget is a real issue for me.

So, where would i be better off:

1) running the ra1062 with a rb1070

2) trading up my 1062 for the RA-1070 integrated at 100 watts

3) trading in the 1062 and running the rb-1070 with the rc-1070 pre.

Thanks
  • dermie999
    • Jul 2004

If you are happy with the sound of the RA1062, I would buy the RB1070 as the first step and then wait to upgrade to a pre/pro. Don't know the price of the RA1070 but my view has always been that separates are a better deal than integrated - to me you get a better sound and it reduces the upgrade costs (with an integrated you are forced to pay for the amps when all you may be seeking is new pre processing capabilities).

Trevor

Comment

• tensjed
      • Jan 2005

Actually, the most economical way for me to proceed would be to get the rb1070 as well as the 1070 pre.

My dealer will let me trade in the 1062 to upgrade. The 1062 is priced the same as the rb1070. Thus, i will only need to purchase the $500 1070 pre, as opposed to purchasing the rb1070 at $700.

Thus the question. Will the sound of the rb1070 combined with the 1070 pre be as good as the sound i will get combining the rb1070 with the 1062 integrated?

Getting the 1070 pre and amp would save me $200 (thus, i would prefer to go this route if i would not sacrifice any sound quality)

Thanks again

Comment

• dermie999
        • Jul 2004

My view is that integrated setups never sound better than separates with similar specs. I would go with the RA1070 and the RB1070. I have moved away from integrated (for the reasons expalined in my first post) and will take an explosion of Hiroshima proportions to get me back there again. I know I will attract the wrath of the integrated afficionados but that is my opinion.

Trevor

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"