X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Joey_V
    • Jul 2005

New Models coming out soon?

I have the RB1070 and the RC1070 combo... will there be a replacement soon?

What I mean is that, will the series of the RB1090, RB1080, RB1070, RB1050 - along with the preamps and cdp that go with it - be replaced by a newer line?

How long does a Rotel line remain in place anyway?
    Analog: VPI Scoutmaster w/ Steel Delrin clamp + Dynavector 20XH cart
    Digital: SB3 + PS Audio Digital Link III DAC
    System: Cary Audio SLP-98P Tube Preamplifier w/ Sylvanias -> Plinius SA102 Class A amplifier -> Martin Logan SUMMITS/Strata Minis -> 8O (me)
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

What we know is a new high-end DVD player with HDMI should be out within the first quarter of next year along with an HDMI switcher/video scaler.

Hopefully by the end of the year a replacement 1098 with HDMI and other enhancements. Following in early 2007 by the 1068/1056/1067 replacements.

The RB1090 which was brought back once, will probably go away when the 500watt digital amps are released next year. As far as everything else, they will probably be around for a while as there's nothing new that needs to be included in the stereo only and regular amp world.

There really is no set pattern to when new products are released. It's usually as technology changes or as parts availability change.

Kevin D.

Comment

• moe32274
      • Nov 2005

I've read that Rotel is coming out with a new DVD player with HDMI and 1080p output (although there are currently only a handful of HDTVs that accept the 1080p signal) - the RDV-1092.

It seems to me that there will be a huge pricing gap between the 1060 unit that costs < $1000 and the 1092 that is expected to cost >$1750.

Does anyone know if the 1092 will be their only player with HDMI or is Rotel rolling out others with different or "downgraded" feature sets?

Thanks in advance.

Moe.

Comment

• grit
        • Jan 2005

Originally posted by moe32274
        I've read that Rotel is coming out with a new DVD player with HDMI and 1080p output (although there are currently only a handful of HDTVs that accept the 1080p signal) - the RDV-1092.

It seems to me that there will be a huge pricing gap between the 1060 unit that costs < $1000 and the 1092 that is expected to cost >$1750.

Does anyone know if the 1092 will be their only player with HDMI or is Rotel rolling out others with different or "downgraded" feature sets?

Thanks in advance.

Moe.
        Ya know, I just don't get that. HDMI is a digital format. Not like it takes DACs. Why would it cost so much more than the 1060?

On top of that... 1080P... why? DVDs do not have nearly that high of a native resolution. This thing doesn't do HD-DVD or Blue-Ray, right? The ONLY thing *I* can think of to justify that kind of a price jump better be one HELL of a good video convertor. And if THAT is the case, that kinda defeats the purpose of buying the RDV-1092 AND their upcoming video switching/converting component.

This oughta be interesting.

Comment

• aud19
          Twin Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2003

Originally posted by grit
          Ya know, I just don't get that. HDMI is a digital format. Not like it takes DACs. Why would it cost so much more than the 1060?

On top of that... 1080P... why? DVDs do not have nearly that high of a native resolution. This thing doesn't do HD-DVD or Blue-Ray, right? The ONLY thing *I* can think of to justify that kind of a price jump better be one HELL of a good video convertor. And if THAT is the case, that kinda defeats the purpose of buying the RDV-1092 AND their upcoming video switching/converting component.

This oughta be interesting.
          Well first of all I'm sure not all of that money is just for HDMI, my guess is it will also have top notch video AND audio quality for DVD-V, DVD-A and CD.

Second, the upcoming video switcher/scaler will work on multiple sources so no it won't really "defeat the purpose" IMO
          Jason

Comment

• grit
            • Jan 2005

Originally posted by aud19
            Well first of all I'm sure not all of that money is just for HDMI, my guess is it will also have top notch video AND audio quality for DVD-V, DVD-A and CD.

Second, the upcoming video switcher/scaler will work on multiple sources so no it won't really "defeat the purpose" IMO
            Fair enough... just seems they'd offer a lower-priced model. I'd rather have unprocessed digital video going to the video processor than having it processed twice. As for the sound section, most of that (DVD-A, DTS, DD) is done on the pre-pro, so not as much need there. We'll have to wait and see what justifies the price.

Comment

• moe32274
              • Nov 2005

I agree, Grit!

I am looking for a Rotel DVD player with digital output to the HDTV - I'm not much interested in the DVD player's scaling ability, because my HDTV does that just fine, thank you. (In fact, I read that McIntosh's latest DVD player does not offer scaling to 720 or 1080 - and the McSpokesman acknowledged that it's best to leave the video scaling and video DAC to high end HDTVs.)

Comment

• gianni
                • Nov 2002

I'm thinking that with the exception of Rotel die-hards, this new high end DVD player is going to be a tough sell for Rotel. First off, with new formats coming, why dump 2K into a DVD player when there are many excellent ones for less money. Second, companies like Pioneer and Marantz are dropping prices on the $1k price point players and they are good. (Marantz DV-7600 just went from $999 t0 $799) This in part must be that they realize people are hesitant to spend on high end players with new formats around the corner. I do however realise the need for good quality std. def player as it will be sometime before the new formats are widespread. If someone were to ask me now about buying a new player I would suggest the following: target the $500-800 range and if you want good audio playback put the remainder into a RCD-1072. That will give you many good years of enjoynig as much different content as possible.

Comment

• IntegrateMe
                  • May 2004

I bet that Rotel will come out with another non-HDMI player that will cost less and be a performance leader with comparably priced players.

I doubt that they would only come out with one "flagship" player.

P.S. I'm using my employee accomodation to get a new RCC-1055 to replace my Sony SCD-2000ES!!!

Barry

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"