X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nisoli
    • Jan 2003

Subwoofer setup with RSP 1066

Yesterday I connected my new subwoofer to my system, set the subwoofer to "Yes" in the Rotel menu and no sound was coming out of the subwoofer. My front speakers are set to "Large". When I set the subwoofer to "Max" then everything was working fine. I have the latest firmware on my RSP 1066 (2.25). Is that normal? I thought after the firmware fix both the "Max" and "Yes" settings on the subwoofer were supposed to work fine. Thanks for your help.
  • Scarp
    • Mar 2003

If you are using a digital 2 channel input, there is NO LFE channel on that and therefore no sound out of your subwoofer. The only way to achieve this is to set the front speakers to small and subwoofer to YES. Or set the subwoofer to MAX, which means that you need to use the subwoofer's crossover to adjust it to the -3 dB point of your front speakers (if you keep them at small).

Everything is exactly as it it supposed to be.

Comment

• nisoli
      • Jan 2003

Thanks Scarp, so if I listen to 2 ch stereo + subwoofer is there any difference between the two following settings?
      1) Sub = Yes; Speakers = Small
      2) Sub = Max; Speakers = Large
      I set the crossover to 80 in the subwoofer (that's what my dealer told me. I have B&W CDM7 NT speakers). Once I do that does the crossover setting in the Rotel menu have any effect? Sorry if I'm a little slow on this.
      Thanks.

Comment

• Scarp
        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by nisoli
        Thanks Scarp, so if I listen to 2 ch stereo + subwoofer is there any difference between the two following settings?
        1) Sub = Yes; Speakers = Small
        2) Sub = Max; Speakers = Large
        I set the crossover to 80 in the subwoofer (that's what my dealer told me. I have B&W CDM7 NT speakers). Once I do that does the crossover setting in the Rotel menu have any effect? Sorry if I'm a little slow on this.
        Thanks.
        1) uses the crossover of the pre-amp (40, 60, 80, 100, 120 Hz).
        2) uses the crossover of the subwoofer (usually can be set to several positions).

A crossover of 80 is fine. Its not a hard-brick wall, so your fronts will go below the 80 Hz, but at least till then the signal is quite flat. Offcourse your subwoofer needs to be able to handle 80 Hz.

I haven't tested this with the 2 channel analog inputs, however these settings do not apply. However I cannot test since I'm still waiting for my new sub.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"