X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Prototrax
    • Aug 2004

Too many Subwoofers Settings! help! RSP-1066

I've owned this preamp for 3 months now and finally starting to calibrate it to my new IB subwoofer system I built.

1. Under subwoofer setup. I set the level for each surround format DD, dts
    but the subwoofer still shows up as 0 when I hit the subwoofer button
    on the remote. Does the remote button work independant of the other
    settings?

2. Under Speaker setup, when I play 2 channel music cd's the sub doesn't work. I have "Large" 10 inch 3 way fronts and sub was set to "Yes"
    Setting sub to Max fixes it, but then there is too much bass in movies.
    Do i just re- adjust the sub levels under sub setup?

3. The sub max settingmakes the subwoofers play all the bass in the fronts
    (large) along with the subwoofer sounds? (doubling up)?

Thanks....Great web site!
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

Well if you think the 1066 has too much bass management, don't upgrade to the 1068! :lol:

Seriously though, click here and go to page 27 for the subwoofer settings instructions.

The "main" subwoofer setting is a baseline which the others are based off of. It should stay at "0" and you should set the baseline sub volume, using an SPL meter, by adjusting the volume control on the subwoofer. If you then feel that say DTS tracks are too bassy, you can then reduce the bass for that particular surround mode. You can adjust any surround mode's sub level +/- 10db, to your preference.

If you are listening in 2-chanel mode you can listen with the sub on, off or I believe "Max". If you set it to on it will only send bass to the sub if you have your speakers set to small with an appropriate crossover. Max will send copied bass to the mains and sub basically doubling the amount of bass.

Jason
    Jason

Comment

• Prototrax
      • Aug 2004

Thanks for the reply Jason,

I do have the manual and have read it .
      The bass management with this preamp is quite different from my old Sony 9000 es.

It seems to me the manual could of been a little more clearly written in this area.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"