X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KEN KAZ
    • Oct 2004

1068 Sub Set Up

hello all

I have a 1968 and Big klipsch speakers all around. (chorus IIs, heresy's, quartets, academy) as well as an older sw-15. (one fo klipsch's first subs)

I am trying to figure out the difference between subwoofer "yes" and subwoofer "max"

I know what the book says, im trying to see the real world difference.

It seems to me that you get a much fuller sound on MAX than on YES. Is this just because the signal that is supposed to go to the sub is going to all large speakers? or is there something else here?

I have been doing alot of experimenting with Harry Potter II, which probably has too much Bass. the scene where the phony teacher tries to zap harry's brain and it backfires on him is just plain SICK with bass. The scene is much more crazy in MAX than in YES>

maybe i just have a sh!tty sub woffer?

penny for your thoughts

kaz
  • eelco74
    • Dec 2002

MAX means both the .1 channel and the bass from the main channels go to the sub
    YES means the sub is only feeded with the .1 channel.

This explains why MAX has louder bass, since it gets twice the information.
    Marantz AV8802, Marantz UD8002, Rotel RB-991 and RB985mkii, Rotel RD960
    Focal/Jmlab Electra 1028S, Electra CC, Electra SW1000S, Cobalt 705
    Pioneer KRL-37V, Epson EH-TW8100, Kinkping CES-180 77"inch

Comment

• Slice
      • Jan 2005

I've found that setting to MAX is the only way to have the subwoofer play when in STEREO mode with an analog source. Is this accurate, or is there another way?

I couldn't find a reference in the the manual, and the dealer didn't have an answer either (but then, they didn't even know that BYPASS mode existed...).
      - Slice

Comment

• weijst
        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Slice
        I've found that setting to MAX is the only way to have the subwoofer play when in STEREO mode with an analog source. Is this accurate, or is there another way?
        This is accurate when you have set your frontspeakers to LARGE, as this means you believe your frontspeakers are capable of producing the bass / lower frequencies, meaning no signal is being send to the sub when you use the YES setting. (btw this should be valuable for both analog and digital - PCM stereo - sources...). However, when you've set your frontspeakers to SMALL, the setting YES should be 'enough' to send bass to the sub.
        Last edited by weijst; 23 June 2005, 04:45 Thursday.
        Marantz SR7005, UD5007; B&W SCMS, Nautilus SCM1; Velodyne SPL-1200R

Comment

• eelco74
          • Dec 2002

Yes, that is one of the things I really would like Rotel to fix, if possible.

I'd rather have the possibility to redirect the sub for some analogue sources
          And no redirection for digital sources. This is with the current software not possible.

It would be a nice feauture to at least set redirection for analogue, digital and 5.1 seperately. Or even better have a menu option on every source.
          Marantz AV8802, Marantz UD8002, Rotel RB-991 and RB985mkii, Rotel RD960
          Focal/Jmlab Electra 1028S, Electra CC, Electra SW1000S, Cobalt 705
          Pioneer KRL-37V, Epson EH-TW8100, Kinkping CES-180 77"inch

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"