X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Adz
    • Jan 2004

Subwoofer - MAX Setting

Question
    I understand that when you set the Max setting on the subwoofer set-up menu, it basically sends a double bass signal - one to all speakers set to large and an identical bass signal to the subwoofer. This essentially doubles up on the bass being produced. I assume this might be worthwhile for some movies but I was wondering if anyone has tried this and what they thought?

Adz
    Adz
  • jimmyp58
    Super Senior Member
    • Aug 2003

I have mine set up this way and it produces an incredible sound regardless of 2 CH PCM (music), multi-channel audio, or movies. Of course you'll have to do some configuring but once you have found the sweet spot, it is incredible.

Jim
    jpiscitello@ameritech.net

Comment

• aud19
      Twin Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2003

While audiophile's may scoff as you're messing with the purity of the signal by adding additional information (bass). I say, if you enjoy it, (you bass fiend you ) then knock yourself out.

Personally I prefer mine straight up audiophile-style but I also have pretty bass-capable speakers and I get enough bass overkill in my car.. hee hee 8)

Jason

Need a new display? Questions about new display technologies? Visit RPTVs, plasmas, and other monitors @ HTguide
      Jason

Comment

• jimmyp58
        Super Senior Member
        • Aug 2003

I guess that is what makes the world go 'round and why they have adjustment settings....

By the way, I do not have bass overkill. Its just that I found this setting suits my system best. I do not enjoy blastin' ghetto bass in my house nor my car. I have a pair of Def Tech BP7000SCs for my fronts; they have a built-in powered sub so they are more than capable of producing a dynamic bass response. Combine that with the external subs I have and perform the right adjustments to the sub and speaker settings and the sound reproduction is unbelievable.

Jim

Comment

• Bam!
          Super Senior Member
          • Jan 2004

Jimmyp58!

Question...since you have multiple subs in your room...how did you go about placing them...also enabling them not to cancel eachother out....

I am curious since I will be doing multiple subs in the next couple of weeks...

Thanks!

(Jason I relaize after typing this that this may put this thread slightly off topic...So what should I do to ask him this question?)

Thanks duders!

Bam!
          Got a nice rack to show me ?

Comment

• jimmyp58
            Super Senior Member
            • Aug 2003

I sent you an e-mail.

Jim

Comment

• Bam!
              Super Senior Member
              • Jan 2004

Jim!

Thnaks you rule!

Bam!

Comment

• aud19
                Twin Moderator Emeritus
                • Aug 2003

Bam, as long as that last post is where it ends then I won't have to :smackbutt: you. :evil:

Jason

Need a new display? Questions about new display technologies? Visit RPTVs, plasmas, and other monitors @ HTguide
                Jason

Comment

• jimmyp58
                  Super Senior Member
                  • Aug 2003

You are certainly welcome....

Jim

Comment

• mule.variant
                    • Mar 2004

I am doing this right now as well. I've crossed my sub at 40 to fill in the bottom octave where my N804s are a little weak. I'm mostly avoiding any doubling, as far as I can tell.

Comment

• Bam!
                      Super Senior Member
                      • Jan 2004

Jason!

don' t you worry there bud everything is under control a rooney

...Filling the sub in at around 40 hz....it's awesome....no question.

Wooo whoooooo!

Bam!

Comment

Working...
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"