X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bleeding ears
    • Nov 2004

Info wanted on Rotel a/v receivers

Hello all, I am considering buying a new Rotel receiver however I have been told by 2 different Sydney dealers that they do not sell Rotel receivers.

They do however sell other Rotel gear.

Is anyone aware of any issues with the RSX 1056 or the RSX 1067?

Also I am interested to know how the multichannel stereo sounds compared to Prologic 2 when playing music cd,s.(I have heard PL2)

Yes I can hear it now, I am supposed to listen to cd,s in 2 channel for best sound however I have found the 5 channel stereo effect on other receivers to be very good, eg Marantz

Thanks for any info/replies
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

It depends on the mix as to which sounds best 5 channel stereo or PLII music. I find old mix's from the days of Quad stereo like Pink Floyd really do well in a 5 channel stereo mix where as PLII Music tends to be more front heavy. Of course you can adjust that to suit your taste but we'll assume we're talking about them in their stock form.

As for issue the 1056 and 1067 are both fairly bug free and wonderful sounding receivers.

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"