X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bitjunkie
    • Dec 2003

DD 5.1 and DD EX not working on my RSX 1055 DPII only

Hi hoping someone can help I have a RSX 1055 I bought from a friend I had this set up at my house but moved out to a new place with a smaller lving room so when I set up my speakers and all I thought I would mess with the DB to the front and rear speakers I have B&W dm605 in front and dm604 in the rear and a dm 600 for center this used to work just fine at home but whatever the point is I couldnt change the db for some reason got fed up and went to a full reset of the rsx 1055 ok now after that it seems like I have to turn it up more then I used to and my reciever isnt regonizing DD 5.1 or DD EX I tried manualy to set it to DD and obviously that didnt work. so if anyone can help please let me know any info would be greatly apreciated I'm sorry for the story and my horible spelling but hey thats me !

all the best
    Humberto 8O
    Be who you are And true friendship and love, will be just that. True.
  • soundhound
    • Mar 2004

I use an RSX-1055, 1st off, you may have had youre gain set higher (speaker set up +db) and when you factory reset it puts them all back to 0. Am assuming you used an spl meter and have calibrated all speakers? 2ndly DD 5.1 and DD EX both need a digital signal into the reciever (dvd, etc....) in order to decode and process or play as such. Standard non DD signal can be played as dolby prologic II, Rotels 4 created soundfields, 5 channel, or 7 channel, hope this helps.

Comment

• Mark_C.
      • Jan 2003

Make sure the input is assigned correctly through the on-screen menu.

Comment

• Tha Freak
        • Jul 2003

Originally posted by Mark_C.
        Make sure the input is assigned correctly through the on-screen menu.
        :agree:

try to check if your coax (or optical) is assigned to the input where the DVD player is connected...
        - - - - - - - - - -

"Are you gonna bark all day little doggy?...or are you gonna bite?

Comment

• bitjunkie
          • Dec 2003

Thanks Guys as I was playing with it this morning I noticed that the dvd player was set to only at 48mhz so I set it to I think 80something well it was the only other option i had and that fixed it but now I found a new issue when I turn on the progresive scan option on I dont get any video and on the OSM on my rotel doesnt let me select svideo as an option for an input and ideas thanks for all the help guys and for not flaming me for asking suck ignorant questions all the best

Comment

• Tha Freak
            • Jul 2003

On the RSX-1055, Rotel's OSM is only available via the S-Video or composite "monitor Out", not the Component!...

and I think that Progressive is also only available via component cables...not S-video...

(if I understand well your question)
            - - - - - - - - - -

"Are you gonna bark all day little doggy?...or are you gonna bite?

Comment

• bitjunkie
              • Dec 2003

thanks yeah that answers my question

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"