Serious help needed for my 1055! Thanks in advance!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • spizzi
    • Aug 2003

Serious help needed for my 1055! Thanks in advance!

:!:

I have the RSX-1055 and just noticed some very peculiar things:

1. I was playing a standard CD music track (not a burned CD) and had Dolby Prologic II format running on the Rotel. What I noticed was the sound would cut in and out on the rear surround speakers. IS MY ROTEL DAMAGED?! It does this consistently and I am thinking there is a problem with my Rotel. Can someone please reassure me that their Rotel 1055 does the same thing with CD music tracks? BTW, 5-channel stereo still gives me full sound in all speakers. It just seems to be a problem with Dolby Pro II.

2. Does anybody else's 1055 not stay on with the "always on" function in the menu? I activated the "always on" feature in the menu and the whole unit still turns itself off when I press the "off" button on the remote. I thought it was supposed to always stay on until I physically depress the "power" button on the actual 1055 unit????

3. My unit decided to reset itself (ie. reset the inputs for a CD back to analog from the previous setting of "digital" etc...). I am wondering if this is because I turned off the 1055 and unplugged the cord from the wall. I thought the 1055 has memory for your settings?? I had saved my user settings in the on screen menu awhile back and recently tried to switch back to my saved user setting but when I try to activate it, the unit completely turns off. WHY DOES THIS HAPPEN?
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

I'm not sure if I'm serious enough for you but here goes...

1. I was playing a standard CD music track (not a burned CD) and had Dolby Prologic II format running on the Rotel. What I noticed was the sound would cut in and out on the rear surround speakers. IS MY ROTEL DAMAGED?! It does this consistently and I am thinking there is a problem with my Rotel. Can someone please reassure me that their Rotel 1055 does the same thing with CD music tracks? BTW, 5-channel stereo still gives me full sound in all speakers. It just seems to be a problem with Dolby Pro II.
    Does this occur with every CD or just some? Remember that PLII is a matrixed surround mode where its trying to emulate 5.1. How well it does this depends on the song and its composition.

2. Does anybody else's 1055 not stay on with the "always on" function in the menu? I activated the "always on" feature in the menu and the whole unit still turns itself off when I press the "off" button on the remote. I thought it was supposed to always stay on until I physically depress the "power" button on the actual 1055 unit????
    Not sure on this...why do you want it to stay on all the time?

3. My unit decided to reset itself (ie. reset the inputs for a CD back to analog from the previous setting of "digital" etc...). I am wondering if this is because I turned off the 1055 and unplugged the cord from the wall. I thought the 1055 has memory for your settings?? I had saved my user settings in the on screen menu awhile back and recently tried to switch back to my saved user setting but when I try to activate it, the unit completely turns off. WHY DOES THIS HAPPEN?
    It should remember the settings when powered off. As for the reset back to user default it does a power off reset at that point and is normal.

Comment

• spizzi
      • Aug 2003

"It should remember the settings when powered off. As for the reset back to user default it does a power off reset at that point and is normal."

When I got the unit to correctly save a new user setting and then activated the newly save user setting, the unit shut off briefly and then turned itself back on automatically. However, what I was saying before when it wasn't working properly.. I would attempt to activate the previously saved user setting and the unit would just completely shut off and not automatically turn itself back on. Any ideas?

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

I'm not suer unless it has something to do with your Always on setting.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"