X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rotel&energy
    • May 2004

1055 Dolby surround problems?

I was watching TV the other night and noticed that the sound switched from my front speakers to my rear speakers abruptly. I have my 1055 set to Dolby ProLogic for TV, but I rarely get more than some ambient sound from my rear speakers. The switch didn't seem normal and after about 10 seconds, it switched back to the front channels. I've had this happen a few times and didn't know if anyone else has experienced it.
    Christopher
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

The way PL gets rear information is what's out of phase between left/right. So if the cable channel reversed phase on one of the stereo sides it would make everything come out of the rears.

Could be the 1055, but I would start making notes of times and channels that it happens and see if a pattern develops on the cable side.

Kevin D.

Comment

• rotel&energy
      • May 2004

Thanks for the response Kevin D. I was starting to think that everyone thought I've never heard surround sound before and I was complaining about it.

I will try your suggestion. I was hoping someone else would have experienced it b/c I don't think it is the Rotel (doesn't happen on every channel), but wanted to make sure.
      Christopher

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"