X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pepar
    • Dec 2002

RDC-7 & OSD

Does the RDC-7 output its OSD only on s-video and not on component output?

TIA!

-
    "The future is already here, it's just not evenly distributed." - William Gibson

"I like the future; I'm in it." - Firesign Theater
    -
    Home theater renovation underway!

"The future is already here, it's just not evenly distributed." - William Gibson

• Burke Strickland
    • Sep 2001

That's right. The RDC-7’s On Screen Display (OSD) is not available via the component out. OSD is only available via the composite or S-Video connections for “Monitor Out 1”, as stated on page 15 of the owner’s guide in the quote below (emphasis added):
    Originally posted by RDC-7 Instruction Manual
    3 MONITOR OUT

There are 2 monitor outputs and each one includes
    both composite video and S-video configurations.
    When connecting two video monitors or televisions, be
    aware that the OSD interface can only be used with
    MONITOR OUT 1
    (OSD will not be displayed on the
    video monitor connected to MONITOR OUT 2).
    If you connect your main display via the component out only, or to either connection for "Monitor Out 2", you will not see the OSD. If you have it connected to both the component out and Monitor Out 1, to see OSD, you would need to toggle the display to the Monitor Out 1 connection (whichever of composite or S-Video you are using). That’s one reason I have a 14 inch TV connected via S-Video to Monitor Out 1. That way, I can use OSD to confirm or change settings while a movie is playing on the projector connected to the RDC-7 via component out. Of course, the LED front panel display shows the current menu selection (when applicable), but does not show all the choices available on a given menu at one time (that requires use of an external display connected via Monitor Out 1).

Good luck –

Burke
    Spelling and grammar checked in MS Word. If you detect an error, please notify Bill Gates.

What you DON'T say may be held against you...

Comment

• pepar
      • Dec 2002

Thanks Burke, that's the way I was interpreting it as well. I'm actually looking at a Samsung 17" multimedia LCD monitor with an s-video input. I'm probably a week of two away from ordering my RDC-7.

-

-
      Home theater renovation underway!

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"