X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • seafoodbuffet
    • Sep 2008

RSX 1057, setup without OSD?

I just got my RSX 1057. My issue is that I only have an HDMI cable connected to the display (a ceiling-mounted projector). I know OSD doesn't work via HDMI so is there a way to access setup controls without hooking up a separate display via component/composite, etc? The projector is some 20 feet away from the receiver so it would be inconvenient at best to get a long component cable just for this purpose and I don't really have another TV nearby that I can easily hook up. Am I basically screwed? This seems like a stupid design choice for folks in my boat that have an HDMI-only solution if there's work-around...
  • TommyV
    • Feb 2007

I think you are SOL. You do not have any other cables run to your projector except one HDMI? Might want to look into a small display for use on receiver settings and other things. Quite a few people with projectors have a small display hooked up so they do not need to fire it up every time they need to check something.

Comment

• Tino D'Voe
      • Jan 2002

I've got my receiver 30' away from the projector, I bought a 30' s-video cable from monoprice for around $5 just for this purpose. works perfectly.

Comment

• TommyV
        • Feb 2007

Yea if he can get another cable run, that would be your best bet. I always run every single cable I could possibly imagine I would use just in case. Better to have it and not need it than to not have it at all.

Comment

• seafoodbuffet
          • Sep 2008

Thanks for the suggestions folks. I was afraid of that but at least it's not the end of the world. I guess a second run of s-video or whatever will be required here.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"