X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Robo1067
    • Jan 2006

New RSX 1067 & OSD settings

Hi all, I have just purchased the above reciever and so joined the Rotel community.
    I spent a bit of time today changing over recievers, my old one being a Yammy RX-V1095.
    I have removed some equipment to make the set-up/transition a bit easier but am having a problem setting up.ops:
    The problem is, once I power up the unit the system status is displayed for a short time then disappears even if I push the ENTER button as described in the manual.(The remote does work as I can carry out some other functions) I am using the component output, and also have the monitor out connected via the monitor out composite output.
    When selecting different inputs, (eg Vid 1, 2 or 3) these are dispayed as it changes them and displays the input together with the current volume setting.
    However when pressing the OSD button nothing appears on the display. (It worked once but I could not navigate to the nest screen, ie main menu) I read that you must set it to PAL or NTSC but my monitor is set to auto so it shouldn't matter.
    My Display is a Hitachi plasma 42PD5000. Progressive scan is turned off.
    I am sure it is something small that I am overlooking - I hope-
    and any help/ suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    thanx
    Rob
  • lmib
    • Jul 2004

Hi Robo,

on my RSX 1055 the model before the 1056, the component ouput does also not show the menue. I read in the manual, that this is normal and the menue is only shown on the S-Video monitor output, so that I connected my LCD additionally with the S-Video (with an adapter to scart).

So when I want to make changes in the menue, I have to switch on VCR1 on my LCD and when I want to watch a movie, I have to switch back to the component Input on my LCD.

That is quite uncomfortable, but it stopped me playing in the menue while watching a movie. This always made my wife angry, with my old yamaha. :E

I wish you a lot of pleasure with your RSX 1067.

CiaĆ³ lmib
    lmib

Comment

• Robo1067
      • Jan 2006

hey, thanks for your reply lmib,
      I have the composite and the s-video outputs of the reciever both connected to different imputs on my display. I aslo have tried inputing a signal at the same time as suggested in the manual.
      Two odd things occur:
      1- when the unit is turned on the osd is the System Status no matter what input I use (composite, s-vid or component) but this disappears after about 3-4 seconds .Pressing osd button on remote does nothing but make the remote 'beep'.
      2- After pressing osd button on remote the remote's screen comes up with the word empty 8O

I have read about the plasma effect on IR remotes and have tried it below the display and quite close to the unit.
      It is as if the osd button does not work.
      Frustrating, I have wasted ages with this. I guess I will have to ring the shop tommorrow.
      Cheers, thanks for your input.
      Rob

Comment

• bob4mvg
        • Mar 2005

Press the Aud button, upper left corner of the remote. That will take care of Empty.

Then press M (menu) to get into the OSD.

Comment

• Robo1067
          • Jan 2006

yay! The AUD button :T That was it, thanks a lot bob4mvg ;x(
          I had a feeling it was going to be a simple solution.
          Now all I gotta do is get the SPL meter calibrations set and add those components that I ommited for the 'easy set-up'
          I think the first DVD is gonna be G3 Live in Tokyo 2005.
          Thanks again
          Rob

Comment

• bob4mvg
            • Mar 2005

Glad that I could help! Enjoy your 1067, I'm sure you will, I know I do.
            Bpb

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"