X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • J. Zahrt
    • Aug 2003

HELP! - Can't get my OSD to work

Hello, hope some of you might be able to help me. I am attempting to set up my RSX1055. I finaly have everything hooked up, but I can't get the OSD on the remote to work.

The remote that came with the 1055 is the RR1050. All the other functions seem to work fine.

I have hooked up my DVD using component video to my TV (Sony 36" Wega), with optical input to the 1055. I have hooked up an SVideo from the monitor out to the TV, but nothing comes up when I put the TV on the proper input.

Can anyone help me? Let me know if I didn't provide any info that you need.

J. Zahrt

Jeffrey J. Zahrt
    Jeffrey J. Zahrt
  • jazzzione
    • Sep 2003

I have the same set-up. You have to use s-video going from the dvd to reciever. And s-video going from monitor out to the tv. That should do the trick. From my understanding --component cables will not project osd. I use rca cables for the audio.

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

The 1055 doesn't upconvert video and it can't do OSD over the Componet Video so if you want to see the OSD you'll need to switch over to the TV input that has the s-video cable plugged into it. If you need to view the DVD and the OSD you'll also need to connect the DVD player via an s-video cable so you can view it on the s-video input on the TV.

Comment

• J. Zahrt
        • Aug 2003

Thanks for the tips guys. I tried all of those and still couldn't get it to work. I called the dealer that I bought it from, and they walked me through it over the phone. I didn't realize that I had to be on "AUD" to get the 1055 OSD to show up. Finaly got it up and running. Whew! I calibrated my speakers by listening, but I think I will buy an SPL meter to make sure.

Thanks again for the help and tips.

Jeff

Jeffrey J. Zahrt
        Jeffrey J. Zahrt

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"