X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mikepinkerton
    • Jun 2004

Recommended component switcher?

I went out today and bought an AppleTV (love it!) but now I have three devices that use component and that squarely puts me SOL with a C2. As others have mentioned, they prefer to use an external component switcher.

So, what do you recommend? I have a Pronto so I'm ok with IR macros, but something that I can connect to a C2 with rs232/etc would be nice so it can drive everything when I switch inputs on the pre/pro.

Thanks in advance!
    -Mike
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

I've been thinking about buying a Zektor. You can use them equally for component video switching, or multichannel analog audio. Cool features like IR control, too. They have a new model out that can do 7.1 switching.

UK Based manufacturer of HDBaseT video distribution systems, HDMI over HDBaseT extenders, CEC control solutions, including our exclusive USB-CEC Adapter
    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville

Comment

• mikepinkerton
      • Jun 2004

Hrm, the bandwidth specs go like this:

Bandwidth @ -0.1db: 70Mhz, all channels
      Bandwidth @ -3db: Greater than 200mhz, all channels

That doesn't quite seem good enough for full-bandwidth HD signals. Am I reading it wrong?

-Mike

Comment

• blownrx7
        • Dec 2004

Check out some of the Extron stuff on EBay (like the [SW6 YUV A for example) It has 350mhz bandwidth.
        Normally, I wouldn't recommend EBay BUT for a quality switcher at a serious discount, it is worth the chance.
        It is definitely better than the Cable Electronics (CE Labs) stuff although the CE Labs is good value for the "new" price.
        CE Labs SW104HD has a 4in/2out remote controlled switcher. It quotes >100mhz bandwidth and says 37Mhz is necessary for HD - I don't know enough to substantiate that claim. It can be had for ~$140 at buy.com and other places.
        hth

Comment

• Marzen
          • Jul 2005

I bought a Video Storm unit for work. It spec'd out nicely on a scope w/ 1080i sweep pattern and has a programmable RF input for use with your existing remote control. I think it was around $120 direct from the mfg.
          I suppose we could sell it if you're interested, it's still in a box somewhere.
          1920 x 1080 x 30hz = 62208000 / 2 = 3110400 or 31.1Mhz without taking into account any head room. 62.2Mhz for 1080p BW.
          EDIT: I think this is the unit I bought CSM42
          Last edited by Marzen; 22 April 2007, 03:00 Sunday.
          What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about?

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"